1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Guitar Hero hero

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HC, May 30, 2007.

1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Because they don't want to suck at the real thing?

2. EmbassyRow

EmbassyRow Active Member

Damn it. Now I have to play. At 3:15 a.m. Damn you people bringing up Guitar Hero.

3. Well, at least to the gals I was trying to lay in college, being good at real guitar would not help me get laid.

Being good at GH2 would not help.

So I'll do the easier one (game not gal) and enjoy myself.

This is all speculative, of course, because Super Nintendo was the shit when I was in college. Pilotwings, anyone?

4. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I have a buddy who is amazing with a real guitar. (He's pretty good at GH2 as well.) I've attempted to play a real guitar & it's not a pretty sight. So instead of pissing away hundreds of dollars on a real guitar, equipment, lessons, etc., I'll piss away $90 and at least land quite a few hours of enjoyment out of it.

Now I just need to get the hang of that 4th button on medium & make some progress.

5. BRoth

BRoth Member

Love the game. It's incredibly addicting. My girlfriend keeps telling me how it would actually be "hot" if I played the real guitar. I usually respond to her that I would be huge in Japan.

I'm pretty excited for the new one to come out in June. 1980s edition.

6. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

7. digger

digger New Member

My sentiments exactly. Why is it pushing stupid buttons. Can't they make it more like a real guitar and actually teach kids how to play guitar? or at least a little more real?

8. I think that's a retarded argument. Of course GH2 isn't real. Am I a fraud for driving a Ferrari F50 GT in PGR3? I don't own an F50 GT in real life and I couldn't even drive a F50 GT in real life. I'd grind all the gears. So what?

9. digger

digger New Member

I'm kind of old, and I really have no idea what you just said except I'm a retard. Sorry if I offended you.

10. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I like this guy already.

11. The whole "it's not a real guitar" argument is trite. That's what I'm saying.

Been playing PGR today. I have that game on my mind.

And I'm probably older than you.

12. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

the online possibilities make me consider getting a 360

Draft saved Draft deleted