1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Guitar Hero hero

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HC, May 30, 2007.

1. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Most humbling:

It's not Guitar Hero, it's the real deal.

2. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Forget that ... when is someone going to release Percussion Hero?

Screw whammy bars ... I want some tom fills, cymbal crashes, ghost notes and such.

3. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Fantastic

4. This is my favorite of the youtube videos. YYZ is an insanely tough song ... he knocks it dead at expert.

Plus you get a plot. Sort of.

5. Sam Mills 51

Alex Lifeson weeps. Plus the bass line is much, much more fun in YYZ. Hell, try rocking the plywood like Neil Peart does in one stretch.

6. Agree on most counts. Lifeson probably would get a kick out of this.

7. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

8. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

Indeed. But I had a friend in college who could play it spot-on for real. That was impressive.

9. Sam Mills 51

Good. I dunno if it will cause me to break down and buy a video-game system, but it's good to see it coming.

But I do wonder if it will have multiple pads ... different ones for snare, bass, at least three toms, hi-hat, ride, crash, China Boy ... one or two pads isn't going to cut it.

10. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

I know there's going to be 80's songs to download for the 360 version coming soon. New game not necessary.

**EDIT
    I know there's a separate PS2 version of this game coming out (complete with "Play With Me" by Extreme!!) but I swore I saw a story regarding a 80's 360 download pack, but I can't find the story.

11. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

This guy is pretty good indeed, but I've seen a few people almost as impressive.

Guitar Hero has taken on its own life in colleges; it's a stable in most dorm rooms. It's fun and incredibly addicting for those nights where you don't want to party or go out and would rather hang out with a few friends, maybe get some Taco Bell and cram in some studying. (yes, i'm in college)

Although there are alot more songs on GH2, GH1 undoubtedly has the better tracklist (i'm talking PS2 version). I was sorta letdown by the massive yet relatively unfamiliar set on the second game. Still a must-buy thought. I'm really good at this game and I couldn't even beat "Free Bird" on my first try on easy. Hardest song ever...that guitar solo at the end seems to last forever.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I get the appeal, but always had the same question for the kids on my hockey team that were really, really good at this game:

Why not learn how to play the guitar. Then, you'll know how to play the guitar, and you'll get laid.

Draft saved Draft deleted