1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Guilty pleasures or just guilty feelings?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ace, Feb 15, 2007.

1. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Sam's Club, baby. I buy my paper plates/spoons/forks in 500-ct boxes for about $8-10 apiece. They last me forever.

And I, too, can eat a sandwich on a paper plate and then dust it off for reuse -- without feeling guilt. 8)

2. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

If you are recycling paper plates, I guess you are not going to hell for being wasteful anyway.

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

Oh, I'm a (permanently) lapsed Catholic. I'm going to hell all right.

But don't worry, I'll save seats. ;)

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

A fiver? Shit. Inflation, baby.

5. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

I'm a horrible, horrible slob. I know my habits have scared women off. In one old place, I actually had mold growing in the sink. Right now, I've got garbage piled up around my kitchen can, stuff fermenting in the sink, piles of newspapers in the living room and about a dozen Coke and beer cans that have been turned into ash trays. The sad thing is, I have a pretty nice place in an excellent neighborhood and I'm letting it slowly turn into shit.

6. BYH

BYH Active Member

Dishes are now clean! Now I don't have to do dishes until like Sunday or Monday, when the sink is filled again.

I hope my refusal to re-use paper plates doesn't come off as anti-paper plate. We, too, have hundreds of paper plates and plastic cups around. We'll use them for everything except dinners we cook. So ham sandwiches = paper plates. Spaghetti and meatballs = real dishes.

I just throw them out when we're done. Unlike cheap bastards Buckweaver and Norman! :D :D :D

7. pallister

pallister Guest

If you're smart, you'd just use paper towels to eat sandwiches on and save your paper plates for fancier meals. And you can use the same paper towels for multiple sandwiches.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

You're a minimalist, aren't you Pall?

9. pallister

pallister Guest

If they sold caves in south Florida, I'd be first in line to buy one. However, my bohemian street cred has likely taken a hit because I just ordered cable -- and, for the first time, a DVR. I'll probably have to start a thread to have you guys explain how it works.

10. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

And to wipe your mouth after eating.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

12. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Today my life took an unexpected turn for the better. Ordered three donuts from Krispy Kreme. Got four. BONUS DONUT, MOTHERFUCKER.

Guilty, sad, pathetic pleasure.

Draft saved Draft deleted