1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Guilty pleasures or just guilty feelings?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ace, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

My college roommate and I lived in an apartment that didn't have a dishwasher. We signed a lease for a new place that did have a dishwasher.

The month leading up to the move, my roommate refused to do dishes. When it came time to move, he put all the dirty dishes in a big box, moved them to the new place and washed them in the dishwasher (three loads worth).

2. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Speaking of dirty dishes. In college, my roommates were the WORST for not doing dishes. It got so bad, I once drank orange juice out of a bowl because I refused to wash their glasses.

3. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

That's unbelievably awesome.

4. pallister

pallister Guest

I never use the dishwasher, except to store the dishes after I clean them myself.

5. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I just ate lunch off a paper plate, dusted it off and put it back into the cupboard.

:'(

6. pallister

pallister Guest

I often eat food I make in a pot right from it so I don 't have to worry about plates and such.

7. Norman Stansfield

Norman Stansfield Active Member

I'd expect that out of a Bears fan.

Pallister, you're insane.

;D

8. pallister

pallister Guest

Can't disagree.

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I do indeed clean the cat box with regularity. Why I'm so lazy about the food part, I don't know.

When I make dinner in the microwave, particularly mac and cheese, I'll eat it straight out of the glass bowl in which I cooked it.

Also, about half the spoons in my silverware drawer came from the cafeteria at work.

During my week off from work, I didn't get dressed in pants and a shirt for nearly 36 hours.

10. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I lived with three other guys my last two years in college and we too had no dishwasher. One of my roommates made up a schedule for doing dishes Monday, Wednesday, Friday, weekends. Luckily for me I got Mondays because the guy who did 'em on weekends always waited til Sunday night to do them. I'd come home on Monday after class and have like one dish and a spoon to wash. Why they never made me switch nights is beyond me.

11. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

I empty a bottle of canned whipped cream directly in my mouth occasionally. (NO FUN WITH QUOTE FUNCTION!!!!)

12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Let me guess. You're blindfolded at the time.

Draft saved Draft deleted