1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Guilty pleasures or just guilty feelings?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Ace, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Since it's the day after Valentine's Day, which leaves most guys with well-earned or uneared levels of guilt, I thought I would start a thread on some things that make me feel vaguely guilty:

** I have an aol email account. I know it makes me look like a computer-phobic dweeb but I've had it for 12 years and don't want to change.

** I got a computer generated call from an insurance company. I thought the female computer voice was kinda hot.

** I leave stuff in the dryer for days sometimes.

2. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I still use dial-up. Top that.

3. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Rather than empty the dishwasher after it's done, I just pick out what I need until there's almost nothing left and the sink gets full.

I, too, will leave clothes in the dryer for days on end. I'll also wash a load of clothes, forget about it, and have to go back and re-wash them a time or two a couple of days later.

After a couple of days of my cat sneaking extra bits of food from the bag, I just decided to make it easier on both of us and completely rip off the top. Now she doesn't have to sneak around for food and I don't have to remember to refill her dish.

Guilty on all three counts. I know. I'm a miserable human being.

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

I drink milk a day after the expiration date. FROM THE CARTON!

5. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Leaving the house an absolute mess as I take off for the office and Uma is just getting back from the clinic.

Nothing says lame-ass-mooch quite like looking as though I did nothing but surf on SportsJournalists.com all day -- even if I actually wrote a couple of stories, paid the bills and did the grocery shopping.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

When I'm alone I eat foods like spaghetti with my hands because I want to, and I'll drink entire jugs of chocolate syrup.

Lots of other things I don't dare write here.

7. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

If the bills are paid and the kids are alive, she's got no room to complain ...

8. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

I think I've mentioned it before.

I usually get up when the better half leave's for work. I work afternoons, and my days off are during the week.

On my day off, such as today, I will do NOTHING (except read this board, watch Seinfeld and the SportsCentre loop, e-mail friends and read newspapers online) until about an hour and half before she's to get home. Then I'll clean like mad, shower and flop on the couch just before she gets home. I'll then tell her how busy my day was.

9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

SoSueMe, reminds me of the Seinfeld opening when Kramer does a million things from the time Jerry leaves and returns. That's my favorite opening sequence.

10. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Well, I do that sometimes, too.

11. SF_Express

SF_Express Active Member

I live alone, and I'm pretty tidy, but my counter-top hygiene often consists simply of brushing the crumbs into the sink. I do try to wipe it down every few days, though.

My carpet, especially where I sit to eat watching TV is, um, not great.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Wow. That's, uhm, interesting, especially since I'm eating spaghetti for lunch today. Actually, I can think of few things harder than trying to eat spaghetti with my hands.

Draft saved Draft deleted