1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Guidelines for Media Credentials for Bloggers

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Evil Bastard (aka Chris_L), Oct 10, 2006.

1. As you may recall - the Washington Capitols asked Eric McErlain to come up with some guidelines for issuing credentials to bloggers. Eric has come up with his final draft.

http://www.ericmcerlain.com/offwingopinion/archives/006593.php#006593

I think he's done a pretty good job with the guidelines but I'd be curious about any comments you guys have to make.

I would also like to point out that Eric recently got a job writing a hockey column for NBCSports.com to go along with the job he got writing about the Baltimore Ravens for AOL Sports. I point this out to show how a blog can help your career. Eric now has two pretty decent gigs to go along with his full time job as a speechwriter. The part-time sportswriting gigs are a direct result of people reading his blog.

2. Sounds like he adapted the rules for credentialing bloggers that were adopted by the two national conventions last time -- no surprise, given his other life, I guess -- and did a good job of it, considering there weren't any rules for this sort of thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted