1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Guess who's legal today, gentlemen?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Football_Bat, Oct 11, 2007.

1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Yet another 79 shot by Michelle yesterday. David Ledbetter and B.J. Wie, you've done a wonderful job ruining a once-promising career.

http://www.thehawaiichannel.com/news/14330334/detail.html

2. Birdscribe

Birdscribe Active Member

BTW, while we're on this subject, let me clear one thing up that I've seen in stories about this little fandango.

Contrary to what you've read in your golf summary, Michelle Wie didn't cost Natalie Gulbis a spot in the Samsung World Championship.

I'll repeat myself. Michelle Wie didn't cost Natalie Gulbis a spot in the Samsung World Championship.

Wie got her exemption into this little fandango last spring. Gulbis got aced out of the SWC when she didn't play the Navistar in Alabama two weeks ago. She did this knowing that she was in unless one of three players: Stacy Prammanasudh, Maria Hjorth or Angela Stanford, won the tournament.

So naturally, guess who wins? One Maria Hjorth, who is here at BIGHORN this week. All Gulbis had to do was show up, make the cut and she would be playing here this week.

There. The next time you see this in a golf roundup, feel free to excise.

Draft saved Draft deleted