1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Guess what happened 40 years ago?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by MisterCreosote, Mar 14, 2012.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

Funny you should mention them. They didn't say a word about that scene as I recall.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I think you got it backwards.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Kinda. The two phrases are switched around. It's "Leave the gun, take the cannoli."

When you think about it, that wouldn't be too smart today with DNA evidence.

4. YankeeFan

That's what I meant! I didn't mean to suggest he said to leave the cannoli. :)

5. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

I missed the one day screening of "The Godfather" in theaters in the 1st, but on April 19th, GF II is being shown:
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/godfather-returning-theaters-francis-ford-coppola-295827

I saw a remastered version of I on the big screen for one of the past anniversaries. Might have been the 25th. It was amazing. Can't wait to see II. I've seen them both probably close to 100 times and I still can't get enough.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That's what I thought you meant. I looked up the quote to see what it actually was. And like I said, today. logically with DNA, they should take the gun and leave the cannoli. Or, take both.

"A man found dead in a car in the swamps of New Jersey. So far, the only clue police have is a cannoli left in the front seat of the car. We have more with our reporter, Suzy Blondie, at the scene."

7. dieditor

dieditor Member

Lots of interesting stuff about the movie here:
    http://entertainment.time.com/2012/03/15/the-anniversary-you-cant-refuse-40-things-you-didnt-know-about-the-godfather/

8. Rockbottom

Rockbottom Well-Known Member

Do yourself a favor and carve out an evening for both the original, and II -- which is BY FAR the best sequel EVAR.

rb

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Always felt sad that Sonny died not knowing the Giants won the pennant, the Giants won the pennant, the Giants won the pennant, the Giants won the pennant ...

10. YankeeFan

No spoiler alert?!

11. I forget the episode, and I'm too busy watching hoops to look it up, but on the Las Vegas TV show, Josh Duhamel's character tells James Caan's character that his favorite movie of all time is The Godfather. Caan's character answers that he's never seen it, to Duhamel's amazement. Funny inside baseball moment.

12. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

"The Godfather" is the movie playing at the theatre in Chisholm, MN., when Ray Kinsella and Terry Mann track down Moonlight Graham in "Field of Dreams."

Draft saved Draft deleted