1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Guess Heaven Needed a X" rant

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Eagles1 in London, Sep 6, 2007.

1. Read somewhere today that "Heaven Needed a Tenor". Apparently Heaven needed a shortstop a couple weeks ago too.

Can we fucking stop with this horrible saying? Heaven doesn't need shit. Celebrities get old, or they get sick, and they die. Just like us. A little while back, my mother called to tell me the guy who lived next door to me when i was growing up had just died. Nobody said "guess Heaven needed a mechanic". Maybe they just don't drive cars there and instead walk to all the operas and baseball games that apparently happen so often that God is plucking retired celebrities left and right.

sorry, but it just bugs me--rant over.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

That just made me laugh out loud. Really hard.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

Amen, Eagle!

4. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Why exactly would heaven have a sudden need for a tenor, anyway? Had Enrico Caruso suddenly been reincarnated as a shetland pony, leaving a tenor opening in heaven?

5. SixToe

SixToe Well-Known Member

Heaven doesn't need mechanics. Angels float and magically appear.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Heaven needed a rant like this. Top drawer.

7. Jones

Jones Active Member

All I know is, when I get up there, Heaven will have immediate openings for some whores, a couple of the Keebler elves, and a hydroponic gardener.

8. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

9. Chef

Chef Active Member

scoreboard.

Cheers, Eagle.

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Heaven needed a tenor. Hell needed Yes, Giorgio.

[​IMG]

Good Lord. It looks like the Last Tango In Paris poster gone horribly wrong. Methinks that rose is going to find an unfortunate home.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. John

John Well-Known Member

12. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

Draft saved Draft deleted