1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Guam is in danger

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Idaho, Apr 1, 2010.

1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Good, you can be the next ambassador.

2. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

Hank Johnson might be able to correct me on this one. But wouldn't that kind of be like being the ambassador to Montana? Guam is a U.S. territory.

3. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

Georgia's 4th. He was the guy who took out Cynthia McKinney.

He also revealed this week that he has hepatitis C. He's had it for 10 or 11 years, thereabouts, and he's been married for 20. But he hasn't slept with anyone else or used intravenous drugs or had a blood transfusion or done anything that would put him at risk for hepatitis C. Which is totally, you know, believable.

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

It's obvious that the guy meant to say that there will be an ecological problem. He got his thoughts twisted and it came out wrong. His follow-up question was his best question.
    He made a mistake. Many people laughed. He won't be re-elected.

5. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

The hearing was March 25 but not reported on until April 1, so unfortunately, no. I think early written reports were reporting it as a joke (Guam tipping over? C'mon) but the audio is stunning.

6. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

The erstwhile "Cutest little Communist in Congress". I'd say HJ is fairly representative of his district, which isn't known for having a lot of sense.

7. MacDaddy

MacDaddy Active Member

So now we know the Internet is not a truck, and Guam is not a big boat. Thanks, Congress!

Draft saved Draft deleted