1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gruesome murder-suicide in New Orleans

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Johnny Dangerously, Oct 19, 2006.

1. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

One of my friends actually interviewed this couple last September, weeks after the storm. Said they were odd, but in that quirky French Quarter kind of way. You never envision a murder-suicide like this, but he said they didn't even come close to showing the character that would hint at this. I guess you never do show that, though.

Related to this T-P story, from the Press-Register:
    http://www.al.com/news/mobileregister/index.ssf?/base/news/1161249586233540.xml&coll=3

2. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

That was such a sad story but I felt like I could just see it all playing out from the excellent reporting. It was almost like a movie. I could just see it all in my head as I continued reading the story.

3. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

Believe me, most of us here long ago lopped off the "Hurricane," too. It's an extra word that's just not necessary in copy. People ask us all the time if we could just not mention the storm for one day. Every day there's some public body dealing with the issues, somebody dealing with the aftermath, some event that's the "first since Katrina" or some business that's reopening. It's literally impossible to do for an entire newspaper unless we just banned it for a day as a theme. I've actually thought about proposing that, but can't figure out a way to actually pull it off.

4. Hed bust

Hed bust Guest

That site alsways does that.
    Just put in a zipcode from another state, one that you've got memorized but has nothing to do with you.
    And put in other false info, too, like a different birthdate and a different gender.
    Takes you right to the story.

Draft saved Draft deleted