1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gruden in, Kornheiser out on MNF

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, May 18, 2009.

1. Big Chee

Big Chee Active Member

I guess you got all gushy and moist over his appearance.

Good for you

2. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Chee, you have blasted people for their opinions before. Having people disagree with each other is what makes this place so great.

3. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I don't know what ESPN is doing. First they dump Theismann for Jaws to make Kornheiser happy, now Kornheiser goes away. Gruden will be gone in a year or two, adding to the musical chairs of MNF.
    That said - the ESPN "story" was classic flackery, the quotes faked to perfection, but I'm at least glad they let Kornheiser write his own quote.

4. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

On a side note, my four-year-old daughter things Shotglasses' dancing cats are the greatest thing on earth and yes, I know it is likely child abuse to let a four-year-old view this site, but I consider it as a way to keep her from writing one day.

5. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

CPS will be there shortly.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I knew I was doing something right. Thanks. ;)

7. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

MNF isn't, and hasn't been for a while, a must see event anymore. ABC still treats it like that, but the games aren't special anymore, they take too much time with celebrities preening for some free air time, and the biggest change from the Cosell-Meredith days of glory is that the halftime highlights were a staple of the early shows. Now you've seen all the highlights ad nauseum by Monday evening, so instead they run through plays like in 90 seconds where they don't even show you the end. It just doesn't mean much anymore, so they try to stress the entertainment part and it just doesn't work.

8. BYH

BYH Active Member

This is a GREAT idea. My opinion is gleaned entirely from soundbites, but I know I never turned down the TV when Gruden was speaking b/c he struck me as the type of guy who might completely lose his shit at any second. I think he'll fucking kill, in a great way, on TV, whether he's on there one year or until Jon Gruden Football celebrates its 30th anniversary in 2042.

9. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

There's no Halloween game... dammit.

Perhaps the peeps in DC will give us a Chucky-Fest with masks galore on Oct. 26

This is a GREAT move.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

There will be more Eagles fans in FedEx than Skins fans.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Non-sequiturs for $500, Alex.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Then they won't need masks.

-rim shot-

I will be here nightly through June. Please, tip your waitress.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
Draft saved Draft deleted