1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Groundhog Day

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mark2010, Feb 2, 2009.

1. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Watch that first step! It's a doozy!

2. Drip

Drip Active Member

Phil sucks.
    Happy Groundhog Day.

3. pseudo

pseudo Well-Known Member

No more booze? F*** that, then. (Not that I ever had any urge to make the four-hour round trip for this "event" in the first place ...)

4. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Another New Yorker mad that Bloomberg signed the bill ending term limits for NYC mayors. :D

http://cityroom.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/02/02/why-chuck-the-groundhog-bit-the-mayor/index.html?partner=rss&emc=rss

5. Double J

Double J Active Member

6. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Don't tell me you don't remember me because I sure as heckfire remember you.

8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

Apparently Punxsutawney Phil and his wife, Phyllis, are the proud parents of two baby groundhogs.

We are cracking up at my shop reading this quote from the AP story, as the tuxedo-clad handlers of the famous rodent announced the news:

“We’re pleased about it, and I talked to Phil with my cane, which lets me speak Groundhogese, and Phil could not be more excited that he started a family.” — Thomas Dunkel, president of the Punxsutawney Groundhog Club

9. Regan MacNeil

Regan MacNeil Well-Known Member

That's right. Phil fucks.

10. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

He saw his shadow. Six more weeks of BJs.

Draft saved Draft deleted