1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Groundhog Day-nica

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by TheSportsPredictor, Apr 5, 2009.

1. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Crashes again, yells at other driver again. Rinse, repeat.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/racing/indycar/news/story?id=4044086

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

Sorry. Other driver had no business trying to create a second lane there. Bad move on his part.

Stick to Browns football.

3. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Danica Patrick is Tony Stewart with prettier eyes. That said, she's right this time.

4. TheSportsPredictor

Thanks, didn't realize she neither crashed nor got in the other guy's face (again).

5. 2muchcoffeeman

::)

My point

your head

The wreck wasn't her fault. She was wrecked by the other guy, who had no business attempting to make a pass there and was at fault. Wasn't the only time a dumbass driver did that in that area of the track today.

Under the circumstances, I'd have opened the conversation with a "What the fuck do you think you're doing out there?"

6. TheSportsPredictor

All you did was give a reason for why it happened. Again.

7. 2muchcoffeeman

And yet again you're pretending to know what the fuck you're talking about when you have no idea beyond a two-second clip you saw on SportsCenter. Watch the replay on Versus tomorrow night; you could learn something.

You might have had a point if (and only if) Patrick had made a scene over a wreck that had been her own fault. The wreck was not her fault, so you have less than nothing to go on. But that's okay; you keep sprinting out on the dock like that and don't worry about the watery fall awaiting you.

She did the right thing by getting in his face today. Hell, she'd be doing the right thing if she punted him into a runoff area at Long Beach in two weeks.

8. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Danica was in the right this time. She was holding her line and got nailed by someone trying to overtake in a one-groove part of the track.

However, she's cried wolf so many times that she kind of loses credibility when it really isn't her fault.

9. TheSportsPredictor

I, along with most of the rest of the world, won't be watching Versus anytime soon.

I do understand Danica said in a prerace interview she was trying to be less angry when events such as this happen. Maybe this was the calmer Danica. Her reputation has not been spun from straw.

10. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

I wish more drivers would blow up (temper, not literally) after a wreck. It's a lot more interesting that someone gritting his teeth and saying, "I feel bad for everyone who worked on the Mopar OxyClean ShamWow NAMBLA team..." while he hurriedly puts on the correct sponsor's hat.

Let's see more of this!

[​IMG]

11. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I disagree with both 2much and with crimson. He's not saying she was mad after her fault. Point is, Danica no longer has the right to pop people in the head and stand in front of them, having a "spirited conversation" while they sit calmly in front of her, without it being part of a pattern.

This is just more fodder in the "Danica is a bitch" campaign.

12. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Amen.

Instead, we get Jeff Gordon looking at the stickers on his car during the Victory Lane interview to make sure he didn't miss any sponsors.

Ugh.

Draft saved Draft deleted