1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Groomsmen gifts

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Scouter, May 16, 2011.

1. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Also agree that it's not an expectation. My boys could have not gotten me anything and I wouldn't have cared. Like shockey said, you're honored just to be a part of it.

And if you decide to give gifts, personalized notes are a must.

One last thought: booze is an awesome gift, but be wary. It tends to get pulled out the night before the wedding, which can lead to some groomsmen who are, shall we say, not on their game the next day. Especially if Big Circus is in your wedding.

2. Brooklyn Bridge

Brooklyn Bridge Well-Known Member

I have been given a flask, which I really have used like once or twice, a big cocktail shaker that you turn to see different drink recipies and a cross pen when my dad got remarried.

I gave out leather money clips from Nordstrom. I really liked them, they are small, have a clip on one end for your cash and a sleeve for a license and a couple of cards. It fits in your front pocket and way less bulkier (?) than a typical wallet.

3. Mark McGwire

Mark McGwire Member

Good looking and frisky bridesmaids are always appreciated.

4. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

You may get good-looking, and you may get frisky.

You rarely get both.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I've been a groomsman ... geez, 15 or so times.

Aside from one groom setting me up with his cousin, the I really liked it when the groom paid for the tux rental. One paid for my hotel room since I was flying in. One got us all Orvis fly rod and reel sets, which was good because we spent the morning of his wedding out fishing together.

6. Mark McGwire

Mark McGwire Member

Frisky and whiskey, then.

7. secretariat

secretariat Active Member

You should change your handle to Mark Grace.

8. Mark McGwire

Mark McGwire Member

This old one still has some hits in it.

9. For my wedding I gave out walking stick umbrellas. Nice ones that I got from Brooks Brothers. Every man needs a good umbrella.

I got the idea from the JFK Library. It is what John gave to the men in his wedding party.

Draft saved Draft deleted