1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Groomsmen gifts

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Scouter, May 16, 2011.

1. Scouter

Scouter Member

I'm getting married in a couple weeks and still need to pick out groomsmen gifts. I need some ideas here, SportsJournalists.com. What did you give for your groomsmen gifts and/or what was the best one you've received?

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I'll have to look up the name of the place, because I had the wrong name, but they make an engraved box for guys to place their watch, rings, keys etc... I gave it out at my wedding and my groomsmen and ushers have all told me it's one of the best groomsmen gifts they've ever gotten.

3. Mizzougrad96

Ones I've gotten that I liked:

Cigar cutter
    Money clip
    Leatherman tool

4. Mizzougrad96

Redenvelope.com is the site.

5. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

Best one I've gotten was a humidor with my initials engraved on it.

At my sister's wedding, I was pissed when my she bought all the groomsmen nice, engraved watches and gave me a nameplate for my work desk that I've never used. I love watches and the ones she bought the other guys were gorgeous.

6. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

Since my groomsmen were guys I played ball with, I got them all 34" Rawlings bats with their name, number, and the wedding date burned into the barrel. Went over pretty well I think.

7. I've gotten a variety of things from flasks to cufflinks to shoes.

In a wedding a couple of weeks ago, my buddy got us each a pair of Roos that matched our tuxes and we then were instructed to change into before the reception. It was a cool idea and it spared our feet some pain that night.

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I did the same thing. Bats from the local wooden bat company with their names engraved. I got each usher (I had a bunch of them. I'm either very popular or unable to make a decision) a book that I picked out personally. Mostly sports or rock related.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

You guys are richer than I was. Engraved Swiss Army Knives.

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Discover paid for it all. Very generous company.

11. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

Best was an engraved flask. I still have it. I also kept the tuxedo from the last wedding I was in and I was the best man. It wasn't so much a gift as I just kept it.

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Coolest gift I ever received was an autographed baseball by Reggie Jackson. The bride and groom went out and bought different things for each person.
    It's always a good idea to make it personal, something that means something, and/or something they will use.

Draft saved Draft deleted