1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Grooming lounge

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Nov 1, 2009.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Living here in the DC area, there are tons of grooming lounges, where you can get a haircut a shave and God knows what else. I'm a country boy, meaning I had I same barber for the first 30 years of my life.

Today, however, I went to what looked like a regular barber shop. Except once I got in there, it was pretty much paradise. All Asian ladies (big fan!) who will not only cut your hair, but give you the hot towel treatment and a neck, back, shoulder and head message. All for $14. You could also get a shave for an extra $12, but I didn't even realize that until I went to pay. Also, they had a 42-inch flat-screen TV with the FOX NFL pregame show on, which was pretty sweet. Only thing missing was a bar. And I hear a few other places in the area actually have that. One will greet you at the door with a beer. But that place is pretty expensive, obviously.

Anyway, that place is now my go-to. Fuckabuncha Hair Cuttery.

Anyone regularly visit a grooming lounge like that? Particularly, any guys ever pay for a shave? I never have, but now I'm tempted.

2. Mystery Meat II

Mystery Meat II Well-Known Member

I paid for a shave a couple of hours ago because I need to look presentable and I don't have the tools/ability to trim my goatee without looking like a total re-re. It was at a barber shop, so no hot girls and hot towels. But I've gotten that at SportClips until my go-to hair girl left. There's other places here that do a similar service. None with beer, though.

The only thing worse than Hair Cuttery is Great Clips. Went in looking for a Caesar cut, ended up with a buzz. Buzzes do not flatter my fat, fat head.

3. Pencil Dick

Pencil Dick Member

The place where I get my hair cut has an all-female staff. It's not a barber shop, but bills itself as a "men's grooming center." No kids, no one getting a perm.

They always have asked if they can get me something to drink before I sit down. Never have, other than water. Last time I was in a guy next to me was asked the same thing and answered "Bloody Mary." Out comes a Bloody Mary. Another guy waiting for his appointment was drinking a Bud Light.

$24 for the best haircut I've ever had, a hot towel treatment, shampoo and scalp massage, a neck and shoulder massage and terrific scenery. Once every 5-6 weeks it's a great stress relief.

4. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Do any of these places offer happy endings?
    You know, like when you were a little kid and the barber gave you a lollipop.
    Only this one's a blow job.

5. JackReacher

I just purchased a new beard trimmer. Got a Wahl from Wal-Mart for like $20. Nothing fancy, but it's doing a pretty solid job.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Hmmm... Sonner's got a beard. Who knew?

7. JackReacher

I do not have a beard. Just a goatee.

8. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Possibly, I suppose, but I'd never going to ask for a happy ending from a hot young woman holding a straight-edge razor.

Draft saved Draft deleted