1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Grindhouse kicks a**

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by tyler durden 71351, Apr 6, 2007.

1. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Did they premiere the Rob Zombie Halloween trailer?

2. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

You're wrong. Most reviews I've seen agree with IJAG's co-worker --- Rodriguez's portion is great, but Tarantino's is just too damn wordy and verbose (which seems to be a problem with literally every movie he shoots --- the Run DMC lyric that best describes QT in general is You talk too much/You never shut up/I said you talk too much/Homeboy you never shut up).

And at three hours and 11 minutes, it's just too fucking long.

(Award pre-nom for Robert Rodriguez in the category of Best Director Who Slept With His Lead Actress And Destroyed His Marriage Because His Wife Was One Of The Movie's Producers.)

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Watch ReelzChannel's Dailies show (channel 238 on DirecTV) for lots of Grindhouse coverage and discussion. They say that Planet Terror and Death Proof are being split and shown separately overseas and on the DVDs.

4. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Yes. Doesn't look that hot. And why isn't it coming out closer to Halloween?

5. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Kind of like Kill Bill 1 and Kill Bill 2.

6. Tommy_Dreamer

Hmmm. this makes me sad. I've got high hopes for the Halloween RE-IMAGINING (scoff scoff remake). What was shown?

7. tyler durden 71351

tyler durden 71351 Active Member

Lots of quick cuts. See for yourself
    http://movies.yahoo.com/movie/1809784517/info

8. Tommy_Dreamer

Tyler: Dude, I love the way it looks so far. It's got a good feel about it and the mask, for the first time since the first two, looks awesome. I'm stoked!

9. Herky_Jerky

Herky_Jerky Member

I saw it last night. I thought it was only suppose to be like 2 hours, 20 minutes, so I was a little jarred when it ran past 3 hours. But it wasn't too much of a problem.

From what I saw, I didn't think either movie had much of a point. It just seemed like they both had a bunch of different scenes or one-liners they wanted to get in the movie and sort of molded the stories around those.

The audience was laughing almost non-stop throughout both movies, which was unexpected.

But all in all, I thought the whole experience was enjoyable and worth the price of admission.

By the way, my favorite real preview was for "Superbad" ... I couldn't give two shits about Halloween 14.

10. GimpyScribe

GimpyScribe Member

Yeah, I agree. Plus, it looks like Rob Zombie has combined some of the better parts from the sequels into this one. Of course, I'm a horror junkie.

As for Grindhouse, I'm planning on seeing it tomorrow. Looks great.

11. kokane_muthashed

kokane_muthashed Active Member

Just got back from it. I was bored to tears. Worse movie I've seen in a long time. And I'm a big fan of Tarantino (and his verbose dialogue). Planet Terror is just gory. Just bad all around.

12. Tommy_Dreamer

I am truly thrilled to see what else he's done with it.

But getting back to the thread. I'm waiting to see Grindhouse. Probably next week.

Draft saved Draft deleted