1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Grimsley names Clemens

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Day Tripper, Sep 30, 2006.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

The Yankees officially named McNamee as a strength and conditioning coach in 2000, but the team did not renew his contract in 2002. Yankee officials didn't comment on the reasons behind McNamee's departure, but McNamee had been questioned by St. Petersburg, Fla., police in 2001 in connection with an alleged sexual assault in the pool at the Yankee team hotel there. St. Pete police said the victim may have ingested gamma hydroxybutyrate or GHB, a "date-rape" drug.

2. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Sebastian Jankowski dated McNamee?

3. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

Fenian...I agree he should receive as much attention as Bonds, but as someone mentioned earlier Bonds was receiving a lot of attention for his on-field performances too, which made him an even bigger target. He had just set the single season HR record with 73 (LMAO!), and the public was realizing that he would eventually be the all-time HR leader. These factors made the casual sports fan really take notice of Bonds, his age, physique and question it all.

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Federal prosecutor says the LA Times report is inaccurate...

Code:
    The federal prosecutor overseeing an investigation of steroids in baseball and the attorney for former pitcher Jason Grimsley questioned a news report indicating five players, including Roger Clemens, had used illegal performance-enhancing drugs.
         The prosecutor said the report in the Los Angeles Times contained "significant inaccuracies," including the five names in the report. 
         And Grimsley's attorney told The Arizona Republic that Grimsley told agents that Clemens and his Houston Astros teammate Andy Pettitte would "never in a million years" use illegal performance-enhancing drugs. 
         The inaccuracies have to do with the names as they appear in the report, a spokesman for San Francisco U.S. Attorney Kevin Ryan said. The spokesman did not elaborate.

more....

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2610878

5. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Funny...if the prosecutor had said, 'Yep, that's the story, they got it right,' this thread would be ten pages longer.

No opinions on the denial?

6. DyePack

DyePack New Member

Just waiting for that "transparency" that newspapers keep claiming they have to show up here.

7. Boom_70

Seems routine to me . Its all the usual supterfuge

8. Call me anything you want, but just don't call me late for supterfuge.

9. Boom_70

And yet many of you still doubt my investigative journalistic abilities .........

10. wrveres

wrveres New Member

in light of what we know now. Does this make Dan Patrick a big fat liar, or what?

11. 21

21 Well-Known Member

What exactly do we know now?

Draft saved Draft deleted