1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Grey's Anatomy . . .

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SoSueMe, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Last week's episode was one of the worst hours of television I have ever seen...

It was also the second highest-rated Grey's show ever, behind only the Super Bowl episode...

2. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

Denny just walked into the white light. Did he just make it to heaven for helping save Meredith? Furthermore, do I really, honestly care? The answers to both: No.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Tonight was worse, trust me on that. I'm sure this will be the highest rated ever. But lord it sucked. Hard.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I suspect it's more about the first than the second.

5. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Maybe it's just me, and the fact I'm a simpleton. But I can't tell a difference in the show. Maybe it's because I go to movies and shut my brain off, so I don't see plot holes. Maybe I just watch television to watch it.

What's SOOO different this year from last year?

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That must've been an interesting writers' meeting...

Story ideas? Uh... How about we try to drown the title character? She'll flatline and then she'll see the Friday Night Lights coach, which will remind everyone that there is much better shows on TV... Then to the surprise of no one, we'll bring her back to life...

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I'm still loving this show, but I also turn my brain off during television. I'm the person they talk about when they say, "There's no way they'll notice a hole in the plot." I do notice hole's in story plotlines or in magazine articles, but not when I'm watching television. I watch it for the entertainment value not to enhance my intelligence.

I know that's a lobbed softball. Have at it, folks.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I so don't know why any male would hate on Izzy. Rowr. And she's a decent actress, too.

9. What he said.

10. greenlantern

greenlantern Guest

I checked last week's episode and thought I saw Merideth near the shark. You know, the one this show just jumped.

11. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I only saw the first half, then had prior plans, taped the show. But from what I saw, the boat was getting revved up. They wrote themselves into a corner, as Meredith was shepherded through the pseudo-afterlife by Izzys' ex-fiancee and a dude she barely knew.

I especially liked how there was a massive crisis with many injuries, but the hospital's best doctors were all working on the same woman. There was no emotion, no passion when the Chief pissed about how "This is Ellis Grey's child!" His scene when Adele had another man in the house was much more affecting. I told my wife that I was more emotionally stunned by what Alan said to Jerry this week on Boston Legal (great, self-aware show) than I was by the BS around Meredith's totally contrived danger.

This three-episode arc had "the network asked for a sweeps series, but we were fresh out of ideas" written all over it. As if the writers were going merrily along with character development (thought the stuff with george's dad was quality), then the network said "give us an EVENT!"

And they had a writing meeting, and went around the table for a long time coming up wth bad ideas (probably similar to the Disney meeting where someone thought a California Adventure Park was a great idea), then grapsed onto the first one that seemed doable.

"Um, what if we kill Meredith!"

"Yeah . . .it could work! Then we'll be able to bring back Denny, have her face her issues, and bring her back!"

"Yes, but we've gotta kill someone so people don't feel completely betrayed . . . who's extraneous?"

Didn't see the end. I haven't read the thread: my guess was Ellis would buy the farm.

This sucks. I put myself out there for embarrassment in the newsroom with my fandom of chick shows like Gilmore Girls and Grey's Anatomy. . . . and they end up with plotlines and characters that insult the viewer's intelligence.

12. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Holy shit. ... we agree on something.

Still like the show, but these last three episodes have nothing to do with that.

Draft saved Draft deleted