1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Grey's Anatomy . . .

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SoSueMe, Feb 15, 2007.

1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I wondered but then I realized how cold the water was. It's always possible her legs quit working in the temps of the water.

2. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Even odds that next week's show features Denny -- a la Clarence from It's A Wonderful Life -- showing Meredith around in the afterlife and explaining to her (via flashbacks) what certain events of her own life meant, replete with syrupy sentiments about how he's Izzy's guardian angel, etc. Then, near the end of the show, things fade out, and we get the point of view of Burke looking down at her and saying, "Can you hear me?"

Like I've said, the first 1 1/2 seasons were excellent. A time slot after the Super Bowl was the worst thing to ever happen to Grey's Anatomy -- the writers, desperate to make a wow-factor, seemingly lost all ability to concentrate on the inter-hospital relationships, sprinkled with compelling, but not over-the-top, medical storylines, that made the show what it was.

Since then, it has taken residence in "It's highly-rated? So was Melrose Place" territory. I don't even consider Grey's Anatomy the best medical show in its time slot.

3. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

That particular sequence, the dinner at Jack Rabbit Slim's . . .sorry. Boring.

Rest of the movie is great, though.

4. zufer

zufer Active Member

Vincent Vega: Goddamn, this is a pretty fu**ing good milkshake.

Mrs. Mia Wallace: Told ya.

Vincent Vega: I don't know if it's worth five dollars, but it's pretty fu**ing good.

5. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

The "f" word.

Riveting.

6. shotglass

shotglass Guest

And here we are again with that little "suspension of disbelief" thing.

Repeat after me: The show does not run in real time. You have no way of KNOWING how long she was in the water.

7. MC Sports Guy

MC Sports Guy Member

See, "24" has ruined television viewing for everyone. Or at least those that fail to understand a show's structure.

8. I can't believe I'm about to write this sentence, but I've seen that seen before done much more graphically and with a lot more tension in Saw III. The drilling in Saw III had me on the edge of my seat just waiting for the surgeon to screw up. Last night, I was just waiting for her to finish so they could show how Izzy had saved the day (is it asking too much for her to dance naked in celebration? With Montgomery, perhaps?).

9. BYH

BYH Active Member

You're fucking stupid!!! :D :D :D

10. Remember, the guy who was on the cruise ship figured out a way to not only get to the dock, but hoist himself up for meredith to work on him. I'd say if anything was right on, it's the implied giving up on life and consequential suicide attempt on her part.

I was talking with my wife about this the other night, about the projection by the show that a major character was going to be killed off. I agree that I think it will be her mother. It's possible that the show may actually poke a bit of humor in it with meredith walking towards the light and towards the end seeing her mother walk in ahead of here, and meredith not wanting to spend eternity with her, so pulling back. Her talking about leaving the world's troubles behind, an d upson seeing her mom saying, "on second thought. . ." Just a thought. I for one, want Meredith to go. The least compelling character on the show by a landslide.

11. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I still hope Callie O'Malley and her stupid freaky eyebrows take a hike.

12. ifilus

ifilus Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted