1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Grey's Anatomy . . .

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SoSueMe, Feb 15, 2007.

1. Give the guy a break, Shockey. He's only engaged. You don't start doing things seperately until after you're married.

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Indeed I did. Putting aside the fact that Reservoir Dogs and Kill Bill were superior, Pulp Fiction was a great movie, so I could understand your consternation. But the two works - PF and Grey's anatomy - share a tendency to lull the viewer into a false sense of security before knocking the viewer on their ass.

Hey, if you weren't bored out of your wits by the Mia-Vincent dinner, then good for you. But that story was going pretty slow and predictable until she snorted the heroin.

Gray's anatomy does the same stuff. It's a good dramatic device that keeps you on the edge of your seat.

3. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Good episode with a little cheesiness in it. My TiVo shut off right as Meredith is sitting up. I assume, dead.

I know this: I will be watching next week

4. The show looked like it was getting ready to go off and I looked at my wife and said, "death dream?" and wouldn't you know it ... TV's hardly original these days ... now it's just a question of whether they'll go the Sopranos' route with her evaluating her life ... the Christmas Carol route with her evaluating life after her death ... or the Desperate Housewives route with Meredith narrating from the grave.

My vote is the Sopranos' route.

5. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

Glad I'm not alone in the minority, Shagg.

Also: Meredith sits up, good color, in her scrubs. Looks to her left, and sees the EMT who blew himself to bits last season (Kyle Chandler) standing there, quite not in bits. She asks, "am I..."

And Denny, standing to her right, says, "dead? Ohhhh yeah."

Cue title card.

Just in case you hadn't picked all that up from the thread.

I don't think it's a dream, write-brained. The Desperate Housewives tactic could happen, though.

6. Well, when I say dream I mean her sub-conscious (I spelled that wrong didn't I?) ... that whole "Do I go toward the light" dilemma we've seen a million other times (See Tony Soprano coma)

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

You were bored by that? Don't tell me you were bored by Butch and Marcellus' little conversation at the bar, too.

How could you be bored by such well-constructed dialogue? Even the scenes without dialogue were outstanding...such as the scene with Vincent and Mia dancing. Brilliant and oddly poignant.

That whole movie was perfect. Start to finish.

8. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Which puts it ahead of what Grey's has become.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Still worked for me. God, I and thousands of others must be dim.

10. I don't know. I just can't see George dying. There was something going on with the whole Izzy/George/Callie thing in the midst of everything else going on in the episode. Plus, if you have the dove ad at the top of the page you are viewing, you will see Callie in it. Coincidence? I think not. Something in me tells me it is her that's gonna bite the big one, but if it is indeed Grey, I won't miss her one bit. By far the least compelling character on the show.

11. Lugnuts

Lugnuts Well-Known Member

I haven't watched last night's episode yet, and I haven't read this thread.

But here's my take. The show is very good outside of sweeps. During sweeps, it sucks the big one.

Sweeps: They ruin everything.

12. Like the poor soul who started this thread, I sometimes get roped into watching the show because Mrs. CrazyCat enjoys it.

Last night's episode was embarrassing.

It reminded me of the two-part Brady Bunch episode where Greg nearly drowns while surfing, and the boys are then captured while attempting to return the tiki to the ancient burial grounds.

From what I've seen of Grey's Anatomy, the show has been its strongest when it sticks to the characters of the show.

Now they've got boats crashing, Meredith near death for the second time in three years, the obnoxious mute girl, everyone holding out hope that Meredith still has a chance even though she's been a block of ice for hours, families demanding answers at the hospital even though they're still pulling people out of the water, Izzy drilling holes like she's an auto mechanic ... it is laughable.

Izzy might be the most annoying character on television, much less the show. I wish it was her who fell off the dock.

That said, I'll be glad to see always-brooding-but-mysterious Meredith character gone, if they do the right thing and kill her off.

What an overrated piece of dung.

Draft saved Draft deleted