1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Grey's Anatomy

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Shaggy, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Shaggy

Shaggy Guest

Great episode tonight...

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Gotta admit.. they sold it too much as "EVENT!" television.

THought it was OK. Didn't have the buildup of the Super Bowl episode, with the lady screaming "Moron!" and all that. Didn't notice an explanation of what exactly happened with the ferry, it was tough to get a handle on. At first, that was great, but I thought every time it went outside it lost momentum.

And the situation with Izzy, not sure why, but it totally lacked urgency for me. Meredith was fine, but I wanted to hurt that stupid kid.

Everyone else was fine. But it felt like this week's Gilmore Girls: like the actors figured the subject matter was strong enough, so they mailed it in.

And when Meredith fell off the dock at the end, I said OK, now we just see what outlandish excuse they'll use for her being OK after falling into the water. MY wife said, "How do you know?"

The answer, of course, was "Because the show isn't called "Izzy's Anatomy."

3. BYH

BYH Active Member

Have never seen a full episode of Grey's Anatomy, but it seems like ER on steroids to me.

4. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

Compared to ER, it's less about medicine and more about sex. Less action-packed chaos, more voice-over montages with stirring pop music in the background. Once in awhile, though, they throw in a great big ER-style disaster to remind people that they are, in fact, doctors. That was last night.

5. jimnorden

jimnorden Member

i watched last night and couldn't believe how bad it was. they were dealing some major catastrophe and in the middle of it the doctors find the time to talk about their love lives. really, really, awful stuff.

6. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

"Grey's Anatomy" is in mid-shark jump as we speak.

7. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Told my wife, I just can't watch this show anymore.
    No one knows where Izzy is - they don't have communication devices.
    Of course, it would be good if Meredith is no more.

8. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Moddy, Mrs. Rossi went on without me with this show a while ago.

It's too bad.

The first 1 1/2 seasons were excellent.

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I think much of it is about Izzy's anatomy, no? And a search for Katherine Heigl (even on safe search) is well rewarded.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Sigh ... I think it'll be a while before I turn to "30 Rock" first.

11. FuerteJ

FuerteJ Active Member

From what I recall, they said a container barge rammed into the passenger ferry due to a fog bank. In all honesty, a believable story for anyone who has lived on or near water and a busy port.

12. old_tony

old_tony Well-Known Member

Sorry if this is considered a threadjack. I don't watch Grey's just because it didn't get to be a habit, but I figure I'll pick it up in reruns on A&E or TNT or some other cable channel. But here's the thing that catches me: I absolutely love Ellen Pompeo. But as I sit here right now, I'm watching Law & Order on TNT and she's in the episode in a guest role. It's the second L&O guest shot for her that I'm aware of ad both times she played this absolutely sinister character. She plays the cute, sweet girl with the really dark side very well. I love her, and totally hate her two characters on L&O. I suppose that's good acting -- or at least a very well-written role.

Draft saved Draft deleted