1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Grey's Anatomy season premiere thread

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Cosmo, Sep 21, 2006.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It was OK... I think this episode had to be like that after the clusterfuck that was the season finale... Hopefully they'll be back to normal in a week or two...

2. shockey

shockey Active Member

i totally agree. there were too many loose ends of the season-ender of last year. EVERYONE had a cliffhanger. it should settle down more now.

it really set up the rest of the season nicely. ;D ;D ;D

(had to be said, no?) 8) 8) 8)

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

So what the fuck was McDreamy pulling there at the end? Was he telling Meredith he'd leave his wife if she picked him over McVet?

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

That's what I took away from the exchange.

5. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

it just tried way too hard... way too hard

6. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Very mediocre beginning. And, yes, it's close to slipping away, ala ER.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I haven't watched ER in about five years, but this show would be damn lucky to have the same kind of run ER has...

8. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Yeah, I'd give it a C last night. The most compelling thing, I thought, was the interaction between Miranda and the guy from "The Practice" after he found out his wife had died.

Incidentally, say what you will about the recent years of "ER," but it was an awfully powerful season opener.

9. OTD

OTD Well-Known Member

I didn't know until I watched it that Sara Ramirez was going to be a regular (as opposed to Guest Starring) this season. How long until she moves into the house with George, Meredith, et al?

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I thought it was OK. Nothing spectacular, but I'd give it a B-. I thought George put another notch in his "strongest character" belt when he was the first one in to talk to Izzy.

I agree with McVet; McDreamy's too bad for dark-and-twisty Meredith.

11. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

Grey's takes Round 1 against CSI:

http://tv.yahoo.com/news/ap/20060922/115898790000.html

This, however, was most interesting to me:

12. Song Seven

Song Seven Member

grey's did nothing but remind me why i don't watch network tv "dramas" anymore. i wanted to vomit after 20 minutes.

Draft saved Draft deleted