1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Grey's Anatomy 2008

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Apr 24, 2008.

1. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I don't think it would be outside the box at all. I think it would be the cliche "Christina throws herself at her mentors" crap that we've seen before. How about she actually work hard at her job? Maybe that's outside the box.

I stand by my suggestion that what philosopher suggests is ridiculous.

2. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Right, that was my point. It would mean Christina tried it again, and failed so miserably she would have to change or be finished.

But this show's idea of "character evolution" is now "sleeping with someone new."

3. Philosopher

Philosopher Member

I think it's funny that spup calls my suggestion "ridiculous" and called me an "idiot", yet most of the other people in the thread had a similar idea or think it's plausible or likely. Frankly it seems fairly obvious that they're moving in that direction -- the question is just how far they go.

4. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I think that's a product of Season 3. I think if we're looking at the small piece of season 4 that we've seen, that shouldn't be our assumption.

Forget most of Season 3 existed. If you forget that ever happened, then the show ends up much better. George and Izzie was a weird thing for all of us, but I think the writers realized it was weird from the beginning and got rid of it quickly. Luckily, one good thing came out of season 3 and the horrible, horrible ferry crash. We saw a side of Karev we'd never seen before. He actually had feeling for one person and it continues into season 4.

Other than that, I can see no good coming from season 3. I really can't. I think there will be more character development this season that doesn't involve a new fuck buddy, but maybe I have too much trust in the writers.

And if philosopher would read my first post, I said I think anyone who thinks that they'll have either Christina or Callie throw themselves at Hahn is stupid. I think the entire idea is stupid. I don't think that's the direction they're moving. Chicks can have chicks as close friends without fucking them. I know, I am one.

5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Yes, spup, chicks can have chicks and not fuck them.

Just not on Grey's.

And no, that's not Season 3 talking. That's just Grey's.

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

No chick has fucked a chick on Grey's before. And guys have had guy friends on Grey's without fucking.

And God forbid, but even a couple of male/female friendships have formed without sex on Grey's. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen, so I think for us to assume that this is a case of a sexual relationship is stupid.

7. imjustagirl

NO ONE IS ASSUMING IT IS.

We're predicting it is. And, as was pointed out several times earlier, the promo leads us that way and people on the show are talking about it. So it's not like we're out of left field here.

8. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

OK, so I should have said predicting. And my DVR cut off before the promo so I haven't seen anything about next week's episode. Aside from that, all I've seen are fan forums predicting it.

So my apologies for using the wrong word.

9. shotglass

shotglass Guest

It OK. Coda been called stupid before. :-[

10. imjustagirl

So fan forums are predicting it, we're predicting it, we've all seen people on the show talk about it...but you're adamant we're all wrong?

11. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Fine, if everyone on the god damn thread thinks it's inevitable that they're going to fuck, I'm overruled. I still think it's stupid and I still will be done with the show if it happens, but I'm done talking Grey's on this fucking board.

I've seen NO ONE on the show talk about it, but that's OK. I'm done.

12. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Once again, proof that sex only leads to bad things.

Draft saved Draft deleted