1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Grey's Anatomy 2008

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

When did Karev fuck Addison? I must have missed that episode.

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

It was at some point when he was in that "I don't want to work with gyno-obstetrics" phase, when he wanted plastic surgery or whatever. Then they got down and dirty in that totally-disgusting closet, and he started crushing.

Addison annoys me the worst because she so tries to be this strong, intelligent woman...but she's THE most dependent on men in the whole show. She needs Derek, until she fucks Mark, then she wants Derek but she still wants Mark oh and she's going to give in to Alex because he thinks she's sexy and then she's going to move away to 'find herself' but instantly gets involved with Tim Daly's character. She's the stereotypical chick who, even though she's got everything in the world going for her, feels meaningless without a man.

Funk dat.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Still, if you want good lines you shouldn't rip the writers in public.

The bedhopping on this show is at a Melrosian pace.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

You could say the exact same thing about almost every female on the show...

5. imjustagirl

You could say the same thing about virtually any CHARACTER on teh show. The men are bitches for girls, the girls are sluts for guys...they're all oversexed, as shown earlier.

But Addison's weakness bothers me more than most.

6. Mizzougrad96

Well, her whole premise on the show was that she was the wife who cheated on her husband with his best friend.

7. imjustagirl

And Meredith's whole premise is she's needy and whiny and a bitch. And Christina's is that she'll do anything to get ahead.

the point? Addison bothers me. On several levels.

8. Mizzougrad96

I like that they're all flawed. For awhile it bothered me that they made Meredith such a whore. Hell, Christina and The Nazi are probably the only females on that show who aren't portrayed as whores... You're right, it's the exact same thing for the men as well...

9. imjustagirl

Christina slept with her mentors. Whore.

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

As was mentioned before, I won't be shocked if she sleeps with another soon.

11. Philosopher

Philosopher Member

What a fucking asshole. There's no need to treat anyone that way, especially over a stupid forum post about Grey's Anatomy. You come off like a naive homophobe.

Callie, Hahn, or Christina wouldn't be the first women who have been married to or attracted to men but have subsequently had sexual relationships with women. (e.g. Anne Heche, or if you prefer a TV character, Ross's ex-wife on friends) Given that Christina has slept with her prior two mentors, it's a reasonable prediction that she'll sleep with this one too. It's a TV soap opera, for Christ's sake.

You're the idiot if you think there was no subtext to Christina's jealousy of the budding relationship between Callie and Hahn. And, as IJAG pointed out, the preview specifically foreshadowed questions of a lesbian relationship between Callie and Hahn. If you think it won't really happen, that's fine, but it's certainly a reasonable prediction.

Oh, and as a side note, if you can't see how this would be a subtle slap in the face to Isiah Washington, you obviously are having trouble putting 2 and 2 together. I suggest stopping and thinking before you make asinine posts. Thanks.

12. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

It has nothing to do with homophobia. It has everything to do with thinking it's a stupid prediction. I think it's a stupid prediction no matter who makes it. I don't think even think it's a budding relationship. I think she's jealous because her roommate is friends with the person to whom Christina is trying unsuccessfully to brown nose. That's the story line. You're trying to read in to it. That's been my biggest complaint with this site's review of Grey's over the last two seasons. People try to read too much into every single story line.

I've posted about it. I sit back and try to enjoy the show for what it is. Entertainment. It's not supposed to be believable. It's not supposed to offer profound life lessons. It's supposed to entertain me, and it does. And I honestly don't think the writers think their viewers are stupid enough to believe Hahn and Callie are going to sleep together or Christina is going to sleep with Hahn to get ahead. And I honestly think you're stupid if you really believe that's what's going to happen. Her two prior mentors are male. She's never shown any signs of wanting to sleep with any females on the show. Ever.

And if I'm wrong, the show's jumped the shark, the writers have lost touch with their viewers and I'm done with it. And I'm not the one who made the asinine post in the first place. If you're going to post about a show, at least know the characters' names.

Draft saved Draft deleted