1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Grey's Anatomy 2008

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Apr 24, 2008.

1. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I'm not sure about Christina messing around with Hahn, but I think Philosopher is dead on about Callie and Hahn. They hinted at it last week in the future look where (I believe) someone asked Callie about it. I think that's definitely where it's going.

2. Private Practice was picked up for a second season.

http://abc.go.com/primetime/privatepractice/index?pn=index

I hope it comes back, because I want Kate Walsh to have as much screentime as possible. She's purty.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Mmmmmmmmmmm Tim Daly and Taye Diggs.

4. I'm not willing to say I'd go gay for him, but Taye Diggs seems like one of those guys that would be a lot of fun to hang out with -- and maybe you (I) could get some of his castoffs too.

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Part of Heigel's problems are because she's reportedly a royal pain in the ass. She's publicly complained about what the writers have done with Izzy. Then she dissed "Knocked Up" as being a sexist movie.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Well, she's 100 percent right about what the writers have done with Izzie...

As far as the Knocked Up comments, she's since apologized.

7. Mizzougrad96

I do like Kate Walsh... Private Practice is a solid show, but I liked her better on Grey's.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

The backdoor pilot for Private Practice, which ran in the middle of Greys, was one of the most ridiculous hours of television I've ever seen. The whole line where Tim Daly was like, "I'm going to kiss you, with tongue, hard, so you can feel it" (an actually word-for-word quote to Kate Walsh/Addison) was so bad, it was almost Mystery Science Theatre funny. But I think the show did actually get a little better when other people started writing it because Grey's got so bad, Shonda Rhimes had to go back and fix it.

Seriously, I know I've written this before, but Rhimes lapsed into self-parody awhile ago. She had a different, semi-clever, kind of cloying, but somewhat fresh approach when she first created Grey's, and then she ran out of ideas and just started playing sexual musical chairs. Think about how ridculous this is:

Meredith has slept with: Derek, George

Izzie has slept with: Alex, George

George has slept with: Meredith, Izzie, Callie, female nurse with syph, and might sleep with Lexi now that they're living together.

Alex has slept with: Izzie, Addison, female nurse with syph, Lexi

Addison has slept with: Derek, Alex, Mark

Mark has slept with: Addison, Callie

Callie has slept with: George, Mark, and possibly Hahn

Christina and Burke also slept together.

It's a joke. If I were Heigl, I'd be pissed off too, and praying that my character could be killed off, maybe in an explosion, so like Kyle Chandler I could turn into pink mist and go to a better show. The narcissim of the characters, especially the female characters, makes them almsot completely unlikeable. I watch it still only because the wife watches it, and because I'm curious to see how bad it can truly get before something changes.

9. Mizzougrad96

The biggest misstep the show has done is have George cheat on Callie with Izzie.

It made George less likable. He was better as the lovable loser and to have him hook up with Meredith and Izzie was just idiotic.

When they did the show where Meredith almost drowned and people wondered if it was a suicide attempt, I thought the show was done... Fortunately, it's gotten better since then...

10. shotglass

shotglass Guest

I still will watch the show. But Thursday night, I found the main characters to have reached a new level of obnoxiousness with that contest and all. I was actually starting to get pissed off.

I think I might like Private Practice better now.

11. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

Based on DoubleDown's list, Alex can claim scoreboard in their fictional world. Impressive.

Mizzou: It HAD to be better after that three-parter. As threads here documented, that was the series' worst stretch ever. It's why I cringed when they kept showing previews for this week's episode with Yang yelling "Intestines in the hands!" (which I didn't hear correctly until watching with closed-captioning on when it actually aired) and finishing with the tagline, "Event Television is Back." Yes, the same event television that makes the show unwatchable.

It did get better for a while, but the season finale for last year was dismal. Now, I do like that they're hooking up McDreamy with pretty nurse chick . . prettier than Meredith, less annoying, less angsty. But because it's a solid idea, they seem to be developing it as little as possible, all the better to make a seamless transition for the inevitable McDreamy returning to Meredith.

Heigl should leave Grey's Anatomy. She's the only one whose career is clearly on the rise outside of the show. Dempsey has simply reminded people he's alive.

Private Practice is very hit or miss, mostly miss. I like most of the actors, and the characters are OK - I like Southern blonde lady and Horny Dude hooking up unexpectedly - but it also has more than its share of cheesy moments.

12. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

It's easy to forget how good this show was the first 1 1/2 seasons.

I've written it before, and DD said it too: Rhimes clearly ran out of ideas.

Scrubs has moved, so at least Grey's is now the best medical show in its time slot.

Draft saved Draft deleted