1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Grey's Anatomy 2008

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by imjustagirl, Apr 24, 2008.

1. huntsie

huntsie Active Member

And THAT will be a shame. She's gorgeous

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

It will be a shame in the only sense that Grey's Anatomy viewers will no longer get to see her. It will be a boost to Heigel's career, because she will no longer have to playing a role that is beneath her, written by someone who has run out of ideas for her show, but is trapped by the fact that it gets 20 million viewers.

3. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

The Queen and I discussed this among many other things on our way to D.C., a two-hour drive always made longer by horseshit traffic.
    Anyway, I criticize Grey's in her presence with complete disregard for my safety. She'll take a chunk out of me.
    And she said, "Yeah, it wasn't any good. I keep hoping *** but I don't think it is going to happen. Show is gone."

4. That was the episode that ran on Super Bowl Sunday. It is what made the show into a juggernaut because it hooked so many viewers.

5. Philosopher

Philosopher Member

This show has really gotten pretty bad. It used to be decent. The only reason I watch is to see what happens next, because I've already sunk so much time into it.

My prediction for this season: Dr. Hahn fools around with Haley (the chunky latina), Christina gets jealous and ends up in a steamy relationship with her. Christina always ends up sleeping with her superiors, so it would make sense and would generate attention and interest (and would be a subtle slap to Isiah Washington, who they booted ... and who was, imo, the best actor on the show).

6. thegrifter

thegrifter Member

That Super Bowl Sunday episode hooked me. I think Ricci even got nominated for a Golden Globe or Emmy or some shit.
    But now, I have no problem waiting till friday and watching the episode online.

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

First of all, her name is Callie. Second of all, that's the dumbest prediction I've ever seen. Callie was married to a man, Dr. Hahn has alluded to an attraction to men, and it wouldn't be any sort of subtle slap to Isiah Washington in any way shape or form.

If you're going to make dumb-ass predictions about a show, know the characters names first. Then, stop and think before you make them. Thanks.

8. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

That pretty much matches where I am right now.

But as I've said before . . . it's like Gilmore Girls. A cheesy, "girly" show that was clever as hell in its early years, yes, had some pretty ladies in the cast, and then completely lost itself and never recovered. But I committed to it, and I want to see it through to the end. Even if I watch every week mostly alternating between scoffing and hoping it gets canceled so I don't have to watch anymore.

It's just not any good anymore. It looks like a show written by people who are consciously following a formula every week. As opposed to actually planning longterm storylines that deal with things other than who is sleeping with who this week.

And: with where the show has gone and where it looks to be going, I'm not ready to write off Philosopher's prediction just yet.

9. Appgrad05

Appgrad05 Active Member

Working nights, I don't have time to watch TV that doesn't hook me. Grey's Anatomy was on DVR season pass, so it showed up in the recorded list. And I didn't care. I had no real urge to immediately watch. I hit play, because I felt like I should. And 30 minutes in, I was playing on the Internet and not bothering to fast-forward through commercials.

And that, my friends, is how I realized I no longer give a shit about Dr. Meredith Grey and her anatomy.

10. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I read somewhere that Heigl is one of the only castmembers who has not received a significant pay raise in the last year...

She has two hit movies under her belt and for her career, being able to get close to $80 million or whatever it was with 27 Dresses is more impressive than her work in "Knocked Up" where the success had very little to do with her, even though she was great in it...

I like her as an actress, but they make her character very annoying on the show. I will not be surprised to see her gone, especially if the rumors are true about Private Practice being canceled and Kate Walsh returning to Grey's.

11. gretchd

gretchd Member

I really enjoyed Private Practice, but I think I'm the only person on the planet.

12. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I enjoyed it, too, gretchd.

Draft saved Draft deleted