1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Grey Cup Running Thread......

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Nov 21, 2007.

1. JR

JR Well-Known Member

No idea. There used to be an American network that carried the Grey Cup.

Next year CBC has lost rights to TSN who will be league's major broadcaster. Satellite, maybe?

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

They're showing it on a regional sports channel out of Denver here (Altitude).

3. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Very true. I just got sick of the September airlifts of guys who got cut in the NFL. Until TSN put together its Friday Night Football show you never knew when the fucking games were on. Or they were blacked out.

JR will remember when Toronto was nuts about the CFL. When you couldn't get an Argo ticket and they were 2-14. When you couldn't get into Exhibition Stadium without a mickey no matter how old you were. When the Argo-Hamilton rivalry was as nasty as any NFL rivalry. When good players spurned the NFL for the CFL because the money was comparable. Those days are long fucking gone.

I'm working Sunday and would probably watch the game if the Argos were in it. Otherwise, I'll flip over from time to time when the NFL games are in commercial.

4. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

My building does not allow residents to have satellite dishes, as it has an exclusive contract with Time Warner Cable.

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

What the league needs right now is an Angela Mosca.

6. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I interviewed Mosca 10 years ago. Biggest hands of any human I have ever met.

7. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Ny favorite Angie Mosca Ticat moment was knocking BC's running back Willie Fleming out of the '63 Grey Cup.

Mosca was a folk here in Hamilton when I was growing up.

8. JC

JC Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more and that is the greatest thing Bob Ackles has done since coming back to BC. This team is not faceless they are built around Canadians and Quarterbacks. Novel concept, I know
    Teams need to build aroung there Canadian talent and develop QB's. There's always imports you can go out and get. The imports you do get try to make them part of the community who like it here and are willing to stay.
    This team is always out in the community and there isn't the revolving door there used to be.

9. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

I had a chance to go to the Grey Cup this year. Free tickets. But I had to pass it up because it's Thanksgiving weekend.

I'd love to see it in person once. Plus a weekend in Toronto or Montreal wouldn't suck either.

10. JR

JR Well-Known Member

The big one will be 2012.--the 100th.

The national debate should start shortly as to where it should be held: East or West.

I

11. JC

JC Well-Known Member

West, of course

12. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Toronto. No brainer. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted