1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Grey Cup Running Thread......

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by JR, Nov 21, 2007.

1. markvid

markvid Guest

1st or last 4?

*ducking*

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

That was Matt Henry of the Manitoba Bisons who played St. Mary's in the Vanier Cup on Friday night (Vanier Cup is the Canadian University Championship game). I was at the game and trust me, when they showed the replay (just once, mind you) on the video screen, all 30,000 people gasped.

My twins played three years with Matt in the Ontario Varsity Football League (kids aged 16-19).

Good kid and was an integral part of Manitoba's sucess in the season (they went 12-0)

3. StormSurge

StormSurge Active Member

Hopefully he'll be able to recover fully and play again.

4. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Broken femur. Who knows? Maybe DocTalk is around.

5. Elliotte Friedman

Elliotte Friedman Moderator Staff Member

Brian Dobie, coach of the Manitoba team, told me the next day doctors were optimistic Henry will be able to play again. He underwent surgery on Saturday and will be flown home when able to travel.

At that time, the school will hold a special ceremony to present him with the Vanier Cup, since he couldn't be part of the initial presentation.

6. JR

JR Well-Known Member

Thanks for the update. I'll pass it along to my kids.

Draft saved Draft deleted