1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greg Stillson... er... John McCain: Done

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Simon_Cowbell, Jul 10, 2007.

1. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

I rest my case on why McCain had to go.

2. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

The kiss-kiss with Bush in 2004 was unforgivable after the 2000 disaster in Carolina.

3. With McCain cratering generally, and Giuliani lacking traction in the state, Iowa looks like Mitt's to lose -- in the actual caucuses, not the votes-for-sale fraudulent straw poll coming up soon. That said, this is interesting to me academically -- I don't think the guy should be elected dogcatcher -- as a way for the GOP race to get completely scrambled.
    http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-na-tancredo5jul05,0,4922284.story?coll=la-home-center

He's got an issue that gets people mobilized -- even though I believe they are mobiilized odiously, and on the basis of their worst instincts. He could screw things up for a couple of months at least.

4. Yawn

Yawn New Member

Like Iowa ultimately determines the presidency.

Tell you what Fennie, I'll organize some dollars into the Kucinuts campaign to get him Iowa, then you can crown him.

What'll be really funny is watching the Dems, having all but locked up the presidency in the midterms, fuck it up over the next 15 months.

5. Simon_Cowbell

29 percent approval for your guy.

Tsunami coming next November.

6. Yawn

Yawn New Member

My guy isn't running for a third term. The constitution prevents it.

The closest thing to a Tsunami you'll feel is wetting your pants when your lefty cohorts are crying "My God! We blew it again!"

7. Call your friend in Arkansas.
    Get a job spreading mulch.

8. Simon_Cowbell

LOL.

The GOP nominee is going to be another "faith-based" Bush clone in Romney. A mormon no less.

That 29 percent will stick to him like humidity.

9. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

Yawn, why do you hate Americans?

10. Here's John, back in the 90's. worrying about open-ended military missions with no clear exit strategies and "mission creep" besides.

This is even worse. Salter was the absolute loyalist - ghosted JM's books and everything.
    http://marcambinder.theatlantic.com/archives/2007/07/more_on_mccain_campaign_decima.php

11. MertWindu

MertWindu Active Member

To be fair, he only hates those who don't follow his exact ideology.

Wait, nevermind, that's everyone.

Draft saved Draft deleted