1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greg LeMond: Jealous of Armstrong or what?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Sep 26, 2008.

1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

He showed up at a press conference to grill Armstrong.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/26/sports/othersports/26lance.html?ref=sports

2. BYH

BYH Active Member

And then Armstrong got home and his bunny rabbit had been boiled. Hmmmmmmm.

3. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

LeMond's still on this witch hunt? Amazing. He's still adamant that no one in the media or anyone is willing to stand up and seriously ask Lance about his association with the Italian doctor and whether or not he was tested during his Tour win streak.

I wouldn't say LeMond is jealous (nah, bullshit. He is to a point because if Lance was dirty, it's a big deal). LeMond wants assurances from Armstrong that he was clean en route to winning seven in a row in France. Armstrong isn't going to touch that issue, even if Sheryl Crow was there in a nightie, guitar over her shoulder, serving cherry pie with a come hither look on her face.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I still think LeMond's amazing comeback to win the Tour in 1989 on the last day in a time trial when he was 50 seconds behind, believed to be a near impossible task, was greater than any one of Armstrong's wins.

5. LeMond just sprouted wood and has no idea why.

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Am I the only one now very distracted by that imagery involving Sheryl Crow?

7. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

LeMond is a bitter fuck these days, sadly.

8. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

When LeMond was winning Tours, there were plenty of rumors about him doping, too.

I assume they all dope.

9. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

LeMond has always been delusional and he is bitter as pointed out above. He even video taped all of his food and blood/urine samples at one point because he was convinced his own team (La Vie Claire) was trying to either poison him or spike his water bottles with banned PEDs to get him thrown out because he was capable of beating Hinault. When he failed to win a fourth Tour and retired, he said his drop in form was because everyone else was doping. If you ask Lemond, there have only been three Tours won without PEDs in the entire history 86, 89, 90.

He is right to an extent. Cyclists have doped. They still dope. They will continue to dope. But give it a freakin rest, dude. His old lady is a fucking nut job, too.

10. deskslave

deskslave Active Member

All I know is this: You could fire all the EPO and other shit in the world into my veins, and I still wouldn't be able to race a bike through the Alps. I say give 'em all everything they could want, and we'll just sit back and watch.

11. Oggiedoggie

Oggiedoggie Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who would like to see them chase each other around a velodrome until they both turn into butter?

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

I always loved the word "velodrome". Just sounds like a place for gladiator fights instead of cycling.
    So, in that vein, let's give LeMond a net and a trident and Armstrong a sword and shield. After 100 laps around the velodrome, they meet in the middle to settle this once and for all.

Draft saved Draft deleted