1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greetings from Nashville

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Buckin' agate_monkey, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Seven hours and 500 miles behind the wheel.
    Two lost tours of Nashville
    And some "lovely" residence hall at Vandy

I made it Nashville today at noon for some work-related conference. Haven't stopped since.
    Couple "classes" and went downtown for a few drinks. This Nashville place ain't so bad after all, not all country music and hillbilly rednecks (though, there's definitely Nashville's fair share here) like I figured.

Four more days, three nights of this closet they call a dorm room though.

2. John

John Well-Known Member

I love Nashville. I enjoy it more each time I visit, which is about once a month.

3. pallister

pallister Guest

Oh no, country music and "hillbilly rednecks!" Hope you avoid those terrible things that Nashville has to offer.

4. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

If you can make it out for breakfast, hit the Pancake Pantry one morning. It's right across the street from the campus. You'll thank me later.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Demos! Demos! Demos!

6. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

I'll work on that. Eating breakfast now. It's edible, but not great ... it's what you'd expect from a cafeteria (actually, the eggs aren't bad. Tough to fuck those up though.)

This dorm living really leaves something to be desired. This is only confirming the reason I never lived on campus.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

At least the dorm towers at Vandy have a bar in the basement (at least I think they're still open)

8. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Fuck a basement bar. These conference people are hooking us up with free shuttle service to downtown.
    Went to .... Wildhorse, Idlehorse, I dunno, something like that ... My Kroger savers card gave everyone in the group half off on the cover charge. Not that $4 is bad, but $2 is better.

Draft saved Draft deleted