1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greetings from Cape Cod

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Big Buckin' agate_monkey, Jul 29, 2007.

1. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

The Future and I landed in Providence about 3:15 p.m. and drove to South Yarmouth.
    Observations:

1) Rotaries suck ... HARD!
    2) This two-lane road that goes through all the Cape towns is interesting
    a) People are quite nice in letting others in when traffic is heavy
    b) When traffic is bad, expect to get backed up for a while
    3) Rotaries suck ... HARD!
    4) Ate at a local seafood place called Sundancer's, pretty good. Looking for any recommendations from sjcapecod. Anywhere in the Cape is good and not too far.
    5) Rotaries suck ... HARD!
    6) Going to the beach either tomorrow or Monday, despite the cloudy weather. Went to one today just after sunset as the fog was rolling in. Going to Martha's Vineyard the day we don't go to the beach.
    7) Did I mention I really don't like these rotaries?

2. Rotaries? I'm trying to think what you might mean ..

Oh, nevermind. I always knew them as circles, as in Dupont Circle, but I've heard roundabouts too.

3. Flash

Flash Guest

Rotaries are fun. Especially the double-lane ones. You can really fuck with someone on the inside lane if you're in a bad mood.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

I've always called them turnabouts.

5. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Traffic circles is what we call them, if we're thinking of the same thing.

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

They're roundy-rounds according to a city council in a former town who hated that the town was installing them in heavy traffic areas.

7. PhilaYank36

PhilaYank36 Guest

Fuck the rotaries/circles/round-abouts, have you been to any Cape League games? I highly recommend Chatham. For a place to eat, check out the Chatham Squire.

8. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Big Ben! Parliament!

9. :D

"We know. Big Ben. Parliament."

Damn, forgot all about that. Surprised we made it this long before someone mentioned it.

10. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

Greetings from the Left Coast, BBAM.

11. Big Buckin' agate_monkey

Big Buckin' agate_monkey Active Member

Yes, they also call them circles. Call them what you want, I say they're in the team picture for worst. invention. ever.

Cape League games: No. And I've been looking for ads on the league too. No luck so far. But Fenway is on the schedule for Tuesday.

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Dear Buckin': I double plus recommend the Chatham Squire. TiP: go in the bar where there will be tables. The restaurant section usually has an hour wait. Menu is the same.
    There are Cape League games every night. Buy a paper!
    If you brought the clubs, go to Truro Highlands golf course. It's a bit of a haul from Yarmouth, and there will be more rotaries, but any golfer will love it.

Draft saved Draft deleted