1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greetings from a new member!

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HeyShawwwty, Jul 27, 2012.

1. HeyShawwwty

HeyShawwwty New Member

Good afternoon!

I wanted to take the opportunity to introduce myself to those that frequent these forums. I'm excited to start being a part of this site because I can tell people really do interact and respond to others. A little about myself...

I am 21 years old and attend UW-Madison where I am pursuing a degree in Journalism & Mass Communication. Nothing else quite beats the game day football atmosphere here! My member name is supposed to be ironic because I am not a very tall person.

During the school year I help run UW-Madison's Sports Business Club. Right now I work as an intern at RotoWire and this summer I was fortunate to have worked on their annual fantasy football magazine. My future plans tentatively involve grad school in sports business at Ohio University. I hope to do sports broadcasting for football someday but I enjoy sports journalism just as much.

I know I am a little young for these boards, so I would love to know what kind of advice YOU have to share with myself and others who may be younger as well. Also, I always enjoy hearing how adults got their first start in the sports industry if you want to share that too.
    I enjoy all input!

2. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

Grab me a beer from Great Dane Brewing Company, then we can talk.

3. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard.

4. HeyShawwwty

HeyShawwwty New Member

Spotted Cow is easier to ship.

5. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

She said she was short. She didn't say she was legally a midget in 37 states.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Um, short girl. You're 21. You are an adult too.

7. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

The exclamation points suggest otherwise.

8. 3OctaveFart

3OctaveFart Guest

A 21-year-old admits he or she doesn't already know everything about the business from a stint at the college paper.
    What a delight.

9. Point of Order

Point of Order Active Member

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Versatile

Versatile Active Member

A+ effort.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  11. HeyShawwwty

HeyShawwwty New Member

I didn't realize exclamation points weren't allowed in the anything goes forum...

12. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Wisconsin, huh? Do you prefer deer or cows?

Draft saved Draft deleted