1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greenspan: Gen Xers pretty much suck at working

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Mark McGwire

Mark McGwire Member

I hope you don't teach subject-verb agreement.

2. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Is you is, or is you ain't my collective noun?

3. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

1982 is the start of the echo boom, when the mass amount of baby boomers were having kids. If you graduated from high school in 1988, your school's kindergarten class was probably close to twice the size of your senior class.

4. Football_Bat

Andrea's no spring chicken -- she turns 65 this year. She barely qualifies as a Baby Boomer on the old end. But she looks great for her age.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I thought it was because of the massive surge in fornication that started when MTV made its debut in late 1981.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Which I don't believe they are. They were great, but not the greatest. Think the parents of the WWII-Depression Era are The Greatest Generation. This group of people left Europe with nothing but a small suitcase and the hope and belief in a better life. Think about that: they crossed an ocean with nothing but a dream. Without this generation this country isn't what it is.

Meanwhile, I can't get their great grandkids to cross a state in an air-conditioned car with satellite radio and E-Z Pass.

7. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That actually would make more sense than any of the other reasons I've heard. :D

8. Football_Bat

What about the first Native Americans who crossed the land bridge from Siberia to Alaska? That's the Greatest Generation right there, I'd say.

9. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Well, yeah, there's those guys too. :) It just irks me that we've labeled essentially from a book title. "Hey, Tom Brokaw sez they is, and who is we to argue?" It's lazy.

10. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

I worry about the Boomers, one day they're all going to drop dead from patting themselves on the back.

11. printdust

printdust New Member

Piss off.
    I teach how to deal with @ssholes. You're Chapter 1.

12. Football_Bat

I'd love to see THAT teacher textbook ....

Draft saved Draft deleted