1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greensboro, North Carolina

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KevinmH9, Jul 10, 2009.

1. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

So I'll be heading to Greensboro, NC in a few weeks for a business trip with some colleagues. I've never been in the area, and I'm curious if anyone has any ideas for stuff to do, see, etc.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Here is a place to have your rental car washed before returning it to Hertz:

http://www.tuscl.net/d.php?DID=1724

3. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Which is why Boom takes cabs in Greensboro.

4. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

Might want to label that link NSFW.

5. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Stamey's Barbecue. All the food you need to know. There are also some nice titty bars in the area.

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

There is nothing to do in Greensboro except go to Winston-Salem and wonder what they're doing in Greensboro.

7. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Well, you could always stone the Atlantic Coast Conference commissioner's office if you're really bored.

8. Karl Hungus

Karl Hungus Member

Natty Greene's Brewery is a nice place to get a quality seasonal beer. Took the suggestion from some ACC folks during this year's NCAA first round and had a good time...

9. bigpern23

bigpern23 Well-Known Member

I went to a concert there at a small club last November and had a good time, but hell if I can remember the name of the club. I'm useless.

10. Magic In The Night

Magic In The Night Active Member

Went to a Springsteen concert there a few months ago. Stayed at the Doubletree right down from the arena. It was very nice. But I can't offer very many suggestions because we basically just drove in, went to the concert and were too tired to do anything afterward but go back to the hotel. Then we drove back to Charlotte the next day. But it seemed like an OK place.

11. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

So, basically, Greensboro is renowned for its titty bars?
    Gotta be famous for something, I suppose.

12. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Active Member

Actually, the one time I went to Greensboro was to visit a strip club. Southside Johnny's, I believe it was called. One of the girls that came with us (friend of a friend) actually expressed to the manager that she wanted to strip. Minutes later, she went backstage, then came out and did a little show.

Draft saved Draft deleted