1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greenhouse Gases and the Ozone layer

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by indiansnetwork, Sep 21, 2006.

1. indiansnetwork

indiansnetwork Active Member

Anybody with a real understand of how the ozone layer works knows that it is in constantly changing and that taking a snap shot at any one point in time can create greatly misleading data. First off ozone is o3 or 3 oxygen atoms bonded together. Heat can create or destroy ozone as well as fluoride (which should not be put in your water) and chlorine gas. This article is bogus and misleading BS spun by the liberal media who want you to believe we are destroying our environment and that we don't need automobiles. Yet they believe they have the right to own a SUV but you don't because you are dumb.
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/space/20060921/sc_space/meltdownicecracksatnorthpole

2. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Who u callen dum?

3. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

my head hurts

4. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

now's a good time for the bunny with the pancake pic.

5. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

6. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

Either I missed the sarcasm font, or this is just the latest example of someone caught
    on the wrong side of scientific history scrambling desperately to discover any shred
    of evidence that our current leadership is anything other than a collection of greed-consumed whores.

7. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

And who says the media are liberal? One twirl of the AM dial will dissuage you from that view. And I heard the figure that 90% of the country's media is owned by 5 companies. There's a war on, but you wouldn't know it by reading most front pages.

8. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

I've said it before and I'll say it again. I believe the news media to be mostly 'fair and balanced' with a handful of exceptions on both sides. Talk radio is not news media, but entertainment media disguised as news.

But the general public does not limit its definition of 'media' to those delivering the news. Hollywood and music are media as well and, in general, are overwhelmingly on the liberal side of the spectrum. John Q. and Jane S. Public include television, music and movies in their definitions of media and that, IMO, is one of several reasons why the label 'liberal media' is difficult to dispell.

That said, my head still hurts from reading the first post.

Draft saved Draft deleted