1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Green Day > Nirvana, Pearl Jam, etc.?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by WaylonJennings, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

Even if he meant In Utero, I'd say In Utero is better than Nevermind and far better than Vs.

2. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Well, he's not the only one who feels that way, but feel free to tell us all to go fuck ourselves.

Good fucking lord, people can disagree on music. It's not necessary to tell them to go perform anatomically impossible feats on themselves.

3. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Let me guess, debate team in high school?

4. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

"All For You" was the song. It's most people's only contact with the band. Ken Block and the group do write some good stuff, and granted, while most of it is folksy type stuff, my connection is more based in the live performances and how much they connect with the crowd and give back.

I have started trying to listen to some of the stuff of PJ. but I doubt that I'll ever get to that level of appreciation.

But I do understand people's devotion to the group.

5. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Check out Yield, bd. Lotta good stuff on there, and more easily accessible than, say, No Code.

Or pick up one of the various bootlegs for cheap. Can't beat hearing them live.

6. king cranium maximus IV

king cranium maximus IV Active Member

[​IMG]

Same general concept as American Idiot, though actually good. You know, with things like "great songwriting" and "clever lyrics" and "artistic credibility" and stuff.

As for Pearl Jam, saw them on the Yield tour. Show changed my life. Too bad I was 15.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted