1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Green Bay Packers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SoSueMe, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Yep ... never been there myself but it's still there:

http://fuzzystickettours.com/FuzzysTours/fuzzys+63+bar++grill/default.asp

2. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

Typical. Even the most anti-Packer person out there should be able to recognize Lambeau Field's place in NFL lore. As a Packers fan, I loathe the Bears, but still have the utmost respect for players such as Payton and Singletary.

3. scribeinwiscy

scribeinwiscy Member

As a former Green Bay guy, I'd like to throw some other serious recommendations out there for a Saturday and Sunday in the GB.

Saturday – If you're into country music, or college girls, a new bar on Washington Street opened called Stirups. It's a wild time, and the honeys (good and young, not old, fat and toothless like a lot of GB women) will be there. It's quite a party in there. If you're looking to chill out with an import or four or five, check out the Abbey Bar in De Pere. It's across the street from St. Norbert College, where the Packers stay for training camp. Nice bar, clean, great bartenders. Just up the road in De Pere is Sports Corner. It's located on train tracks, and every train that passes brings dollar shots. Tell Julie I said hi. College Ave. in Appleton is fun, as is Snappers, but a newer joint in Menasha (35 minutes SW of GB) called Sapphires (21 and up) serves alcohol, Snappers (18 and up) does not, FWIW.

Sunday – I'd go with Gutter's suggestions, though Kroll's on the North side of the stadium usually has an 80's cover band along with outdoor beers, brats and great hamburgers. More of an Old Style type venue, but a ton of fun. Wherever you go, most are smiling and it's a fun time.

PM me for more info, if you need some.

4. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I interviewed Fuzzy once. Great guy.

This whole thread reminds me of the Lewis Black bit about drinking in Wisconsin. Brings a tear to my eye. :'(

5. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Thanks to all who made suggestions.

I had a great time, other than witnessing one of the worst football games EVER!

Anyway, hit Title Town Brewing Co. Saturday, got some tailgating in early and late before the game, which sandwhiched my time spent at Kroll's - just something about live music (cover band or not) I love.

Unreal place, unreal culture. It was like Vegas in the cold and the biggest act was the NFL. There really are no rules on Game Day. Good times.

6. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

Guess that depends on your point of view. :D

Sorry, I was hoping this thread would die a quiet death. But glad you had a great time.

7. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Sue,

Did you have a Kroll's burger? The butter alone can clog an artery ... so I had two of them Saturday.

8. SoSueMe

SoSueMe Active Member

Yes. And I had a Brat Pizza and a chili dog with cheese inside Lambeau.

I'm surprised I'm alive to tell about it.

9. Double J

Double J Active Member

:D

Draft saved Draft deleted