1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Green Bay Packers

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by SoSueMe, Nov 15, 2006.

1. Claws for Concern

Claws for Concern Active Member

Rosie, I've got your back in the Packers-Vikings debate.

The Green Bay Favres have already won their four games for the year anyway.

One interesting thing for Packers and Vikings fans to remember is that the teams will meet again Dec. 21, a Thursday night game (is that NFL Network's game?). Both teams will be coming off Sunday games - GB has Detroit while the Vikings have the Jets.

2. Claws for Concern

Shouldn't that be LAME-beau Field?

It would explain that music in that youtube item

3. Claws for Concern

Oh yeah, congrats, Mr. Favre (and ESPN, his personal cheerleader squad) he's now 5-10 at the Metrodome.

4. Double J

Double J Active Member

Fixed that for you. :)

5. Claws for Concern

Glad he's such a God that he can get one SB ring.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm a Packer fan, but dude ... I don't think you looked hard enough.

You know the folks decked out in hunting orange for late season games? One time-honored tradition I've seen at Lambeau Field is the piss-in-the-suit trick. The denizens of this practice are either too drunk or too lazy to leave the game to go to the bathroom.

Believe me, Packers fans are drunk off their ass ... we're just happy drunks.

And Packers fans are drunks with accomplishment.

Think about it -- would you rather hang out with happy drunk Packer fans whose only sin is maybe a little bit too much living in the past, and in some cases, pissing in their hunting suits? Or, bitter, accomplishment-bereft Vikings fans who moan and groan about everything under the sun and spew jealous bile at the Packers, with the kicker of going into one of the most feature-less, crappy stadiums in the NFL? Not only are Vikings fans bitter, they sold their hearty souls when they left the Met.

Deep down, those in purple-and-gold wish they were green-and-gold, they just refuse to acknowledge that part of their soul. It's Packer penis envy. Bears fans suffer this malady too. Lions fans? They're just beyond sad.

Rosie, and the rest of the NFC North fans, are sooo going to kick my ass! :D

7. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Kinda like the Cubs, eh? :D

8. Hank_Scorpio

Hank_Scorpio Active Member

Nah, we'll just wait for Favre to retire and the Packers can take supplant the Lions holding up the North Division.

And Lions fans are better than Viqueens fans, they at least have Ford Field, instead of that lifeless cavern called the Metrodome. (Of course, the Lions also have a lifeless cavern of a GM).

9. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Low blow, Hank. Low blow.

10. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Only $5 to drink their food?

11. Claws for Concern

The Lions have fans?

12. DocTalk

DocTalk Active Member

Gutter,

Doesn't Fuzzy Thurston still have a bar on Mason Street where he holds court on game day?

Draft saved Draft deleted