1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greed still good -- Wall Street sequel in the works

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by John, May 5, 2007.

1. John

John Well-Known Member

Wall Street sequel 'to be made'

A sequel to classic 1987 film Wall Street is to be made with Michael Douglas returning as money-crazed mogul Gordon Gekko, according to reports.

Edward R Pressman, who produced the original, told the New York Times he had signed to develop a sequel called Money Never Sleeps.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/6628101.stm

Not sure how I feel about this. I really liked Wall Street, though the idea that Gekko's account with Foxx never existed was absurd, but I'm not sure where they can go with the sequel. Either Gekko has reformed and is doing business legally, or he's still a money-grubbing dick. They could go the Michael Milken route and have him survive a health scare to do good deeds.

2. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Yuck. Wall Street is one of my all-time faves. Don't want the sequel-version Gekko in my head when I watch the old one.

3. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Working title: Halliburton, when Congress switches hands head for Dubai.

OVERSIGHT, we don't need no stinkin' oversight.

What, Dems are in control and have subpeona power?

See ya, Dick.

4. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Way to stick with that one note. ::)

5. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

Is that your 9055 post about what other people like to post about?

6. Chi City 81

Chi City 81 Guest

Not even close. But it's nice to know that you're not to be taken seriously, since you bring nothing non-political to the table.

7. Lamar Mundane

Lamar Mundane Member

get the bottle, somebody's grumpy. Depends full?

8. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Picture this:
    The sequel takes place 10-20 years after the original.
    Foxx is just getting out of prison.

Sir Wildman calls Foxx with a scheme to wreck Gekko, to let Foxx get revenge on the man who sent him to prison.

Gekko calls Foxx, sweet talking, apologetic, presenting Foxx with a plan to wreck the man who allowed BlueStar to go under.

Foxx.. who was looking forward to working for BlueStar upon his release, wants to go legit and doesn't know which way to go. His father has passed away while he's been in prison. Which form of greedy revenge does Foxx persue?

9. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

And then Bruce Willis comes in, kills the villain and carries the woman to safety.

10. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

And two years later the trailer is here:

http://www.imdb.com/video/imdb/vi875627545/

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

I'd say that's close to three years and I can't believe people actually dig up threads from 2007.

12. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Wow, when I kill a thread, it can take up to two and a half years for it to recover

Draft saved Draft deleted