1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greatest video game sports accomplishment

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Shaggy, Jul 13, 2006.

1. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

The game went by the name "Ice Hockey"

you had your choice of skinny, medium or fat guys.

2. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Blades of Steel was the same way. I'd always get a skinny fucker to start a fight with a fat tub of lard.

3. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

As Seabasket said, there were unstoppable moves to beat the goalie in that game, but it didn't stop me from taking full enjoyment of undefeated seasons time and time again.

4. Almost_Famous

Almost_Famous Active Member

I loved video games. I just wonder how the hell you guys find time for them?

Between side projects, the significant other, the gym and a basketball league, i've got zero time to dust off the x-box.

might be because im addicted once i get them. once i fire it up ... i could burn 9 hours on a saturday banging out a season in you name the football/basketball game.

and i'd put money on my video game skills from any sports game on any system from 95-2000 against anyone here.

5. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

A_F, put money on something, how unusual. ::)

6. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I got my by decision in college. I've got witnesses.

7. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

I haven't owned a video game in quite a while for that very reason. On one slow duty day in the Navy, I sat down and played one of the Civilization games. I was supposed to take a tour of the spaces once every six hours. Looked at my watch and I'd been sitting there playing for eight. Didn't even realize I'd missed a meal, either.

I do have a buddy who has one of the later Tiger Woods games for the PC. If I shoot a 60, it's a bad round and I think my low score is a 52 or 53.

8. doubledown68

doubledown68 Active Member

I thought there was a press conference where Mike told the world he didn't like dongs.

9. Rhody31

Rhody31 Well-Known Member

04 was pretty easy. 2006 is more difficult - you can't hit 380 yard bombs every time and you can't put spin on all your irons. The spin is a big thing. On the old versions, you could suck a driver back after it hit the green. On 06, it's hard to spin anything but your wedges.

10. TrooperBari

TrooperBari Well-Known Member

Couple different accomplishments on Championship Manager 01/02. Won the UEFA Champions League with Bohemians (Irish team, 300K pound budget), beating Juventus (30 mil pound budget) in the final. Had a 99-game unbeaten streak in the Irish league with three straight titles in the league, League Cup, Leinster Senior Cup and FA Cup.

Internationally -- took Thailand, India and Hong Kong to the World Cup. Won the whole thing with Scotland.

Oh, and I pwned the Puma on Pro Wrestling.

11. Madhavok

Madhavok Well-Known Member

That's what I'm doing now with MVP '05. I'm the Indians and just finished the All-Star game. BTW, Burnitz is a monster in this game. Picked him up in the beginning of the season. He's batting a cool .311, 48 dingers and 80-some RBI. Again, the time in the schedule might be a week or so after the All-Star break. Also in this season, Cliff Lee has thrown two SO—one was pretty damn close to a perfect game (broken up in the ninth). Jake Westbrook is 14-0 with an ERA of 0.59. Wickman doesn't have too many saves because I average nine runs a game and I'm pretty sure I'm on the hardest level. This baseball game is crazy and the oddest part is I'm barely leading the central over the Tigers.

So yeah, 162-game season is killing me.

Super Bases Loaded III for SNES was the shit.

12. crimsonace

crimsonace Well-Known Member

Not mine, but my college roommate decided to see how high of a score he could ring up on the Atari 2600 game "Asteroids."

I left for class at 10 a.m., he had been playing for about a half-hour. Came back from lunch, he was still playing.

Came back from my afternoon class, he was still playing.

By late afternoon, he had finally gotten tired and shut the thing off before he had lost all of his men, after playing for about 6-7 straight hours and rolling up more than 2,000,000 points.

Draft saved Draft deleted