1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greatest video game sports accomplishment

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Shaggy, Jul 13, 2006.

1. Orange Hat Bobcat

Orange Hat Bobcat Active Member

Late to the party, sure, but on the old Ken Griffey Jr. game for N64, I threw back-to-back perfect games with Charles Nagy during the first two weeks of the season. After his first two starts, Nagy stats line read: 2-0, 0.00 ERA, 18 IP, 0 H, 0 R, 0 ER, 0 BB, 22 K. I think he finished 30-0 that season.

Another time, same game, I started a season with the Cardinals by outscoring my opponents 159-0 over five games. My pitching staff allowed eight hits and struck out 70 over 45 innings, and Mark McGwire hit 11 home runs and drove in 31 runs. By that point, I got bored and started over.

There are other "accomplishments," but those are the ones I'll remember.

2. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

I have a few, rushing for 5,000 yards with Napolean Kaufman in Madden 98 being one of them, but I am unbelievable at the March Madness 2005/2006. This isn't my best accomplishment on the game, but for 2006 I used UNC for a season. Now, on 2005 this would not have been impressive because theyre team on that game was one of the best in the history of video games, they were unbeatable. But for 2006 they were a B or a B+ in everything, pretty good, but not that great. So I played on the highest level, All-American, and went undefeated winning my games by an average of around 40 points a game. 4 of my 5 starters were on the All-American team, the only one who missed was Tyler Hansbrough, go figure. I also beat my friend, who's very good in the game, with Princeton when he was Duke at Cameron. This is especially impressive because home court advantage is huge on the game, and we searched through every team and found that Princeton is the worst team statistically in the 2006 version of the game.

3. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

I got kicked out of a Stater Bros. grocery store in San Bernardino, Calif., for slapping around the Dig-Dug machine because the Dig-Dug guy kept sticking. :-\

4. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I have to call bullshit on that. It took me a month of 8-hour playing days to beat that fucker, and I'm no pansy when it comes to Zelda.

5. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

I've done it twice (once Triple Play, once High Heat), and I also included 30 "spring training" games.

In August of the second season, I had to take about a month off (real time).

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Sorry, but it's true. I did cheat, mind you, using the strategy guide, and I didn't complete all the side tasks. But beat it that quickly I did.

7. bydesign77

bydesign77 Active Member

I used a strategy guide, too. Damn, I must suck.

8. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

What part gave you problems? The underwater castle? That's where most people get stuck.

9. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Many to speak of, but blocking a punt in the snow with a defensive lineman in Madden.

Kicking a 63-yarder at the gun with Morten Andersen in a windswept Giants Stadium is another (no cheats).

10. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

I made a megalopolis in the SNES Sim City.

That took forfuckingever.

11. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Congrats Zeke. That's tough to do for any version.

12. zeke12

zeke12 Guest

Yeah, at the end it just becomes an excercise in attrition. You've built and rebuilt everything to the point where it doesn't matter anymore, and then the fucking computer just starts random fires and shit to make you put them out, then tells you the citizens are pissed about their tax rates to pay for the firefighters.

By that point, many a pal of mine just nuked his city to watch his whiny fucking citizens die.

Kind of a scary game, now that I think about it.

Draft saved Draft deleted