1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greatest sports teams - last 50 years

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KJIM, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

If the thread was Greatest Sports teams of the last 52 or 55 years the 56-60 then the 56-60 Canadiens could speak up.

But beyond that, fair enough. It could easily have been six in seven years, however.

2. Double J

Double J Active Member

True. But the Habs also won five of seven between 1965 and 1971. Actually, they won seven of nine, between 1965 and 1973. If you tack on their four in a row to close out the '70s, they won 11 championships in 15 years.

What the Oilers did was truly great, but it still pales in comparison. And I am not a Habs fan.

3. Beef03

Beef03 Active Member

You got no argument from me here. I was just trying to clarify the above statement from another poster.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Taiwan Little League. Won 4 straight LL World Series from 71-74, another 5 straight from 77-81 and won 15 of them in a span of 23 years.

5. turski7

turski7 Member

98 Broncos
    01 Avs
    98 Yankees
    90s Cowboys
    90 and 91 UNLV hoops

6. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

The '98 Broncos were a great team, but they dont belong anywhere near the others.

7. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Steelers had no running backs and the offense kept giving the ball back over and over to the Raiders.

If a team could get out of the AFC in the 1970s and beat Landry's Cowboys, that means a lot more to me than a season where only beat the Colts in the post season. Injuries took out the 1976 Steelers, but you can't be healthy every season.

8. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

See, I thought the '01 Avs were the team that stuck out like a sore thumb there, a team not as good as the team that won it all the following year.

9. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

2008-12 Spanish national team

10. rmanfredi

rmanfredi Active Member

Team Penske @ Indianapolis, 1980s-early 1990s.

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

lost one game and beat your precious steelers not once but twice.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

I'm not the one talking the 76 team up.

Draft saved Draft deleted