1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greatest sports teams - last 50 years

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by KJIM, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

The Barca teams of 2009-10 and 2010-11.

2. Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell

Ronnie "Z-Man" Barzell Active Member

Ferrari 2000-2004.

5 Drivers Championships, 5 Constructors Championships, 57 race wins.

3. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Turcotte-Secretariat.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

The 1961 and 1962 Packers were comparable to the '07 Patriots. They just smoked teams, maybe more impressively because they played a punishing, physical brand of football. The more pass-oriented 1966 Packers had five passes intercepted all season. Second-best was 14 by Dallas. That's quite a disparity.

5. The Soviet national hockey team, 1984-1988

6. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

These guys?

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Still meh. That was before the Steelers' defense started to dominate. :D

Seriously, people in Pittsburgh still insist that '76 Pittsburgh team was the best team of the '70s, though I think you have to give it to a team that actually won a championship. The Raiders lit up that defense twice.

8. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

That team didn't allow a touchdown in more than 20 quarters. Injuries doomed them at the end.

9. ColdCat

ColdCat Well-Known Member

How about the CSKA Moscow teams of that era. It was the '97 Red Wings plus Pavel Bure and Alexandre Mogilny.

10. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

the '76 steelers? in the four games leading up to the afc championship against the raiders, that defense allowed 17 points. oakland scored 24 on the it in the afc title game. you really going to blame injuries?

11. Tom Petty

Tom Petty New Member

i do think that was the best team the raiders ever trotted out to a field. a funky patriots team was the only team to beat them that year, and they beat the ever-loving shit out of them. i believe the pats beat pitt that year as well.

i was pretty damn young then, but the nfl was more fun to watch. they took way more risks than they do now.

12. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

Celtics. Packers. Islanders. Oilers. Yankees.

Draft saved Draft deleted