1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greatest Single Baseball Call

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Chef, Apr 18, 2007.

1. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

"I get it Arne, he kisses her on the strikes and she kissses him on the balls."

2. pallister

pallister Guest

RIP, Harry.

3. Chef

Chef Active Member

indeed.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Harry Caray...

"He lost it in the sun! How can he lose it in the sun, he's from Mexico..."

5. sportshack06

sportshack06 Member

Got to love Skip Caray

6. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

No. 1, all time: "The Giants win the pennant! The Giants win the pennant!" -- Russ Hodges, Game 3, 1951 NL playoff

No. 1, in my heart: "Braves win! Braves win! Braves win! Braves win!" -- Skip Carey, Game 6, 1995 World Series

No. 1, extended-call division: Audio <a href="http://www.doubledogmusic.com/baseball/Scully_Koufax_Perfect.mp3">here</a>, transcript <a href="http://www.salon.com/people/feature/1999/10/12/scully_koufax/">here</a> -- Vin Scully, ninth inning, Sept. 9, 1965

7. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

My two all-time favorite Harry Caray-Steve Stone moments

Damon Berryhill, playing for Atlanta after being traded by the Cubs comes to Wrigley on an absolute tear.

Stone: "Tommy Aaron, the Braves hitting coached noticed that Damon was opening up too soon and all his good shots were going foul. They've redirected his swing and now all those good shots are going fair."

Harry: "Why didn't we have anybody who noticed that?"

No. 2

Harry: Mike Marshall didn't make the trip with the Dodgers. He's back in LA getting some cocaine for his foot."

Stone: "That's novocaine Harry."

8. Chef

Chef Active Member

Quick trivia question........Who gave up the Shot heard round the world?

9. pallister

pallister Guest

I so hope this turns into a Harray Caray threadjack. I'll be laughing all night.

10. mocheeks10

mocheeks10 Member

It's interesting that the Kirk Gibson homer had TWO great calls -- by Scully and Buck.

11. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Harry Caray and Jimmy Piersall -- Opening day, 1980, Sox and Orioles. Orioles jump to a 4-0 lead in the first and after the fourth run, Caray let this one loose:
    Jimmy, everything we thought would go wrong with the Sox this season has happened in the very first inning of the very first game...

Will never forget it as long as I live. Harry Caray, two buck pitchers of Old Style sitting in the Knollwood Tavern between classes in college....good times.

12. Chef

Chef Active Member

"There's a groundball.....Dunston to Sandberg to Grace........Happy 45th Anniversary to Jack and Judy Mapleton tuning in today in Naperville........."

Draft saved Draft deleted