1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greatest sentence you've READ recently

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by the_rookie, Aug 20, 2006.

1. WazzuGrad00

WazzuGrad00 Guest

"For alarmingly large chunks of an average day, I am a moron."
    -- Nick Hornby "Fever Pitch"

2. STLIrish

STLIrish Active Member

"I'm going to love you til the wheels come off. Oooooh yeaaah."
    Picture in a Frame, by Tom Waits

3. writing irish

writing irish Active Member

This is a damned fine thread. Thanks to those who've contributed here.

I'm on the road and away from my books, dammit. But "The House of the Spirits" by Isabel Allende changed my life, albeit only to a modest degree. But still...like Cormac McCarthy, genius resides on every page. Can't remember any exact quotes though...except the first line...Barrabas came to us by sea, the child Clara wrote in her delicate calligraphy....

4. Satchel Pooch

Satchel Pooch Member

"Her bouquet cleaved his hardened ... shell. And fondled his muscled heart. He embibed her glistening spell, just before the other shoe ... fell."
    — An unknown 20th century poet

5. Leo Mazzone

Leo Mazzone Member

Outing alert. Ickey is:

[​IMG]

6. Scooter Libby -- three-to-five.

7. Duane Postum

Duane Postum Member

Now, now ... is that really in the spirit of things? :D

8. Platyrhynchos

Platyrhynchos Active Member

“A duck hunter is truth with freezing feet, beauty in long flannels, wisdom in a gale, and the hope of the future with nature as his God.” — Charley Dickey

“The plains are afloat in mysterious space, and the winds come straight from heaven. Anyone alone in the plains turns into a mystic. The plains had always been a place of dreams, but with horses they were more so. Something happens to a man when he ggets on a horse, in a country where he can ride at a run forever; it is quite easy to ascend to an impression of living in a myth. He either feels like a god or feels closer to God.” — William Brandon

“He was always to be seen in serene afternoons haunting the river ... His fishing was not a sport, nor solely a means of subsistence, but a sort of solemn sacrament and withdrawal from the world, just as the aged read their Bibles.” — Henry Thoreau

9. boots

boots New Member

This thread must die

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I dont think there's a sentence on here that's MORE in the spirit of things...

11. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

pathetitard. Did you go on every thread today and say this? ::)

12. RokSki

RokSki New Member

This was the first thing that popped into my head.

Seriously, though, this is a great thread topic, IMO. I'm going to have to think about this one.

Draft saved Draft deleted