1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greatest scenes in TV history

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tripp McNeely, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Sleeper

Sleeper Member

I don't watch a ton of TV, but I can't think of a better ending for a show.

2. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

I saw Larry Gelbart (I think) talking about the making of that scene. About halfway through something falls on the floor (accidentally) and the effect is quite jarring. They decided to keep shooting (and keep that in) and after the scene, Larry Linville came up to him and said "You son of a bitch, you just won an Emmy."

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Nothing could top the look on Meridith Viera's face when Jane Fonda uttered the C word.

4. NoOneLikesUs

NoOneLikesUs Active Member

Last minutes of the Office UK Christmas special. Try not crying here. Just try.

5. billikens

billikens Member

There are some fantastic scenes in Scrubs, but the one that sticks out the most to me is the moment the audience realizes that Brendan Fraser's character is dead.

The entire episode is so well done, when that moment comes, it hits like a hammer.

6. 1) Lou, Ted, and Murray discussing Chuckles' death.
    "Somewhere out there is an elephant with your name on it."
    2) Barney Miller and the boys on the hash brownies.
    "Barney, Barney, Barney, was your mother from Killarney?"
    3) The Odd Couple "Password."
    4) Final scene of MTM.

7. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Excellent call. Barney Miller's another lost classic sitcom that could deservedly be on the best TV comedy thread.

8. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

I've watched the show...twice, but that was good stuff.

McGinley at the end is tremendous.

9. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Great choice from Boy Meets World, mike. Makes me misty-eyed every time.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Great stuff.

Thanks a lot guys. I've spent way too much damn time on youtube since the start of this thread and somehow I don't see that stopping any time soon.

11. shockey

shockey Active Member

the moderator of the debate, i believe, is jennifer aniston's dad.

another great "ww" scene: when bartlet dresses down the right-wing radio chick. greater SportsJournalists.com minds than mine can dig up that one.

"... in this white house, when the president stands, nobody sits."

12. Moondoggy

Moondoggy Member

West Wing, 2 Cathedrals, the scene where Bartlett walks through the storm to the news conference to the music, "Brothers In Arms." Great touch when the janitor finds the cigarette butt in the national cathedral just as the motorcade drives by.

Draft saved Draft deleted