1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greatest scenes in TV history

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Tripp McNeely, Feb 24, 2008.

1. Rosie

Rosie Active Member

My first thought was also Radar informing the OR about Col. Blake's death. The reaction in that scene was real, Gary Burghoff wasn't given his lines until right before the scene started and the rest of the cast wasn't told the real reason they were filming the scene.

My second vote? The last scene of "Newhart."

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

"What does a yellow light mean?" Taxi

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

I'm stealing this. That scene makes me put the laptop down every time it comes on the screen. Smith is so fucking good, and that was the moment he showed me how much talent he had. Phil grabbed Will by his neck and threw him into his chest, then knocked his hat off his head while comforting him. For two characters who butted heads as much as they did, it was amazing to see the level of care they had for one another.

My favorite is: Boy Meets World - Brave New World Part 2: Feeny gives Eric, Shawn, Cory and Topanga one last lesson. This is the one scene that almost gets me to cry every time I see it on the air. He tells them to "believe in themselves, dream, try and do good." When Topanga says, "Don't you mean 'do well'?" Feeny replies with, "No. I mean do good."

Then they want to hear him tell them they love us, and he refuses. They each say goodbye to him one by one. And when they leave, he says, "I love you all. Class dismissed." End of the series.

It's pretty powerful to me. Every time.

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Slow

down

5. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

And before BYH comes on this thread and explains them a lot better than I could, there are so many scenes to choose from Scrubs that it's unbelievable. I'm just going to leave it at that because I know he'll do them their deserved justice.

(He's got a thing for Bill Lawrence. But you didn't hear it from me.)

6. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

As God as my witness, I thought turkeys could fly.

7. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

Oh the humanity.

8. Mahoney

Mahoney Member

This was pretty great, although not for reasons anywhere near as deep as most of the ones cited above. It aired on network TV, but still might be considered NSFW...

9. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

Sportsnight: None of these wins the grand prize, but they're fun nevertheless.

Jeremy interviews for a job --

Casey's Jerry Falwell rant --

Dan finds out "Happy Birthday" is copyrighted --

Jeremy's "I'm a racist" plea to be fired --

Name 5 MLS teams --

10. pressmurphy

pressmurphy Member

And the winner is . . .

The Bartlet-Ritchie debate on West Wing:

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

That debate was indeed a great scene. I'm waiting for Barack or Hillary to deliver a similar ass kicking.

The Bartlet ".22 caliber mind in a .38 magnum world" line that, uh, accidentally aired nationally was priceless as well.

12. kingcreole

kingcreole Active Member

Donna Martin graduates!

Draft saved Draft deleted